Followers

Monday 25 February 2019

Happy 1st Birthday


Good Morning everyone, i hope you had a good weekend, wasn't it lovely to see some spring sunshine..


Well i can't believe that today my youngest niece turns 1, where did that year go to?  As she has such a unique name i just had to add it to the cards as you certainly wouldn't be able to buy a card with her name on it.  Yes Kitty-Bea is her birth cert name. As I do for all family birthdays i make 2 cards, one for my parents to give and one from me. I always try to make them 2 completely different cards, not always easy. 



I originally bought this lion die to make her new baby card but he went 'missing' so when he finally turned up I decided to use him on her birthday card. 

6x6 White cardbase.  I used all papers from the same paper pad, nice and bright and cheerful in red, yellow  & blue.  I first cut a panel of white card smaller than the card front and layered onto a sheet of pale blue paper from the pad and stuck to the card front. I die cut 3 panels of red paper and one of the diamond paper and layered onto the card front.  

I die cut the lion from a yellow polka dot paper, added him onto a white die cut circle which i mounted onto a larger white die cut circle with foam tape.  I computer printed the age and name in blue and die cut into circles. I added them to the card. 



Close up of Mr Lion, my die cut rectangle panels were actually shorter but as i knew i was going to be hiding the middle of them behind other die cuts, i cut them in half to extend to fit the card size.  This is a good way to make more of some die cuts if they are too small for your design. 

*****

And onto the second card, i just made the name the focal point, a design ive used several times for childrens cards.  Its a XL DL card, which is an A4 sheet folded in half lengthwise. 


The photos don't do the colours justice really, its green and purple.  My starting point was the scrap of brusho/pixie powder card i had in pale green and purple.  I first die cut enough circles to spell the name, making sure they were big enough for my alpha dies.  I then die cut the letters from the centre of each circle.  I mounted these circles onto purple mirri card with foam so that the purple really shines through the letter apertures. 

I mounted a panel of white linen card onto pale green glitter card and then to the card front. I stamped my birthday sentiment in black.  I die cut my bee from purple mirri card and lilac glitter card and added her to the card front to finish. 





This one shows the purple mirri card  & colours a bit better. 


Items Used:
My Minds Eye paper pad - On the Sunny Side
MFT stitched rectangle die
Stitched circle dies
Lion die
Memory box 'parker' alpha dies
Bee die
Clearly besotted sentiment stamp
Brusho's
Pixie Powders
Purple Mirri card
Pale green & lilac glitter card

Thank you all for stopping by and all your wonderful comments.  Im going up with my mum to see Kitty-Bea today so that will be fun, she isn't quite walking yet but is a real chatter box - of course not much of it yet makes sense.  I hope you all have a wonderful week. Emmax


20 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

a brilliant card so cute
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Two great cards with very different links to her name, love them

gwen70 said...

Fab cards, love them both xx

Kathleen said...

Two wonderful cards for Kitty-Bea...difficult to choose which one I like best! Both are stunning. Happy birthday to your little niece. Enjoy your time with her. Hugs.

Kate Jeffery said...

gorgeous cards Emma
Kate x

Dawn Phillips said...

Two stunning cards. I love the cute lion but then I scrolled down. The bee is stunning. Love Dawn x

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet character and cards, thanks for sharing x

ALI said...

Two gorgeous cards, love how different they are x

Pam said...

I love both of the cards, think the bee one is my favourite. Hope you had a lovely day with Kitty-Bea today.
Pam x

Diane said...

Two fabulous designs Emma.

Hugs Diane

Anonymous said...

Two Beautiful cards...love the design of both..glad your die turned up...better late than never...Marilyn.x

pinkclover.cards said...

Two fab cards Emma - great designs on both.
Fatima x

StephW said...

A pair of bea-u-ties! Two wonderful designs, I love the circular letters idea and fabulous shiny bee ... Steph x

StephW said...

Oh forgot to say congrats on your recent Craft Stamper win I've no doubt one day you'll actually be in the magazine! Steph x

Betty said...

Two Stunning cards Emma. I'm sure they will keep them as a keepsake for Kitty-Bea.

EmmaT said...

Thank you Steph, yes was a nice surprise. Emmax

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Two beautiful cards....Love the bee one....sooo cute....x

Janice said...

Both lovely cards Emma, fabulous designs, What a gorgeous name your niece has.
Janice x

Kirsty said...

Two fabulous cards Emma, love them both. Great design on the name card, brilliant idea. Big hugs Kirsty. x

FridayFeeling said...

A fabulous card for your niece, a very unusual name so it's great to be able to make a unique card for her! My son has just turned 19 on this day - where does the time go?