Followers

Monday 20 May 2019

Marbled Hollyhocks

Morning everyone, i hope you had a good weekend.

Today im sharing a card i made for my sister in laws birthday, i die cut up some of my marbled card using my most used flower die - hollyhocks.  


6x5x5" white cardbase.  I die cut the Tim holtz corner die in the top left corner. I used a black & white patterned paper for my insert so that it peeked through the corner die cut and helped my multi colour flowers stand out.  

I die cut several hollyhocks from marbled paper, using a ball tool i gently shaped the flowers into a cup shape.  I first stamped my greeting and then using the same colour inks i used for the marbling i added ink splashes to the background.  I then arranged my hollyhocks.  I added a strip of the black and white paper to the top and bottom edges.  Glitter glue highlights to finish. 



A close up showing the side so you can see how i added the insert and the mix of colours in the hollyhocks. 

Items Used:
IO hollyhocks die
Tim Holtz Mixed Media corner die
Sentiment stamp
B&M paper 'B&W'
Spectrum Noir aquatints
Stickles diamond glitter glue
CraftUK ltd white card.

If you missed my marbling post you can take a peek here   Thank you for all your comments on my marbling - and im pleased to hear a couple of you had fun trying - i wonder who first came up with the idea of using shaving foam? Very inventive.


I hope you all have a good week whatever your plans are. Emma



********



***



***

19 comments:

meg said...

beautiful card, love the hollyhocks

StephW said...

It really looks like your gorgeous hollyhock panel is floating as you've put the same strips top & bottom ... a trick on the eye! Wonderful design ... Steph x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card and dies
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

ALI said...

Lovely card Emma, I can see why you love those hollyhocks x

brenda said...

It's a really lovely summery creation and looks so delicate with the tiny flowers and trellis, thanks so much for joining in our 10th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Jean S said...

A super card Emma, hollyhocks look great with the marbling...
Had a play with the foam but not had time to do anything else as yet,thanks for the inspiration jxx

pinkclover.cards said...

Fabulous card Emma. Love the summery colours.
Fatima x

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

Diane said...

What a delightful card design Emma.

Hugs Diane

Pam said...

What a gorgeous card Emma. As you know I have been having a play with the shaving foam technique, so thank you for the inspiration. I am sure your sister in law will love her card.
Pam x

gwen70 said...

Gorgeous card and wonderful dies xx

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card...and what wonderful colours for the hollyhocks!

Linby said...

This is just so pretty and I love the flowers.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
Lynn x
DT

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card...love the hollyhocks in the marble card...great effect...Marilyn.x

Mrs A. said...

Your holly hocks are gorgeous and I love your idea of using the marbled card for die cutting them. The resulting card is fabulous. Hugs Mrs A.

Arlene said...

Wonderful card. The hollyhocks are marvelous. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card for your sister in law, love coloured flowers so pretty x

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Emma … just loving your little hollyhocks card and I am sure your sister in law loved it too … so cute … hope all is well have a great rest of the week happy crafting and love sandy xx

Kirsty said...

Fabulous card Emma, love the hollyhocks in marbled paper, they look good enough for Chelsea! Big hugs Kirsty. x