Followers

Monday 27 May 2019

Teenage boy

Good Morning everyone, i hope you are enjoying the long weekend.

Today im sharing a card i made for a teenage boy, its following a sketch layout that a friend set that really got my brain cells going.  Ive used one of my marbled papers in blue and silver so Ive used Navy blue & Silver cardstock to go with it. 



6x6 Navy cardbase.  I first die cut the solid triangles from my marbled paper and the top fancy layer from silver mirror card and adhered together.  I cut a peice of white linen card smaller than my card base and lightly inked in blue thru a little dots stencil.  This stencil is so useful just to add a little interest but not too much.  I then arranged my triangles, overlapping them slightly. 

I die cut the MFT birthday sentiment die from white card, using my plain circle dies i cut a frame to fit it from navy card, cutting the middle out too.  I arranged it with one of the triangles in the middle, attaching over the top with glue gel.  I stamped to tiny sentiments onto white scraps and cut out, lightly inked with the little dots sentiment and attached in place with glue gel to finish. 



Just a close up


This is the sketch we were set

Items Used:
Alternew shattered triangle die set
MFT circle birthday sentiment die
Spellbinders circle dies
Tiny sentiment stamps
Little dots stencil
Blue ink
Silver mirror card
Navy card - payper box
CraftUK ltd white linen card
My own Marbled paper


Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you enjoy your bank holiday Monday if here in the UK. 

Id like the enter the following:


*****



*****




*****


22 comments:

meg said...

love it Emma, fantastic guy card

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous card. I've just bought this die set myself. I like what you've done with it. Love Dawn x

Kathleen said...

What a super card, Emma...and great use of your lovely marbled paper!

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous card design Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

jimlynn said...

Cards for teens are always so hard for me. You nailed it with this one for a guy. Perfect and so pretty too!
Lynn

Pam said...

A brilliant card for a teenage boy.
Pam x

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card Emma

StephW said...

Love the geometric triangles just right for those teenagers, well done for getting to grips with the sketch too ... Steph x

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Emma, the triangles are amazing! xx

Sue Nicholson said...

Wow lovely card, thanks for sharing cheers Sue N x

Brenda said...

This is a fabulous and very artsy card that I'm sure any teenager will love! I love the colors of this card, perfect for a male teen. I also love that marble paper. I definitely would say that sketch got your juices flowing and the results are totally amazing! Hugs, Brenda

Diane said...

Fantastic colors, technique and card design Emma.

Hugs Diane

ALI said...

Super card Emma, great for those pesky males....x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Emma...A brilliant card for a teenage boy who can be a pain to make for....great job....Joolsx

Mrs A. said...

Brilliant card . Love the marbled effect and the triangle design. Very masculine. Hugs Mrs A.

Megan J said...

Hi Emma, a stunning card for a teenage boy, love the bright blue and the silver triangles, sounds like quite a fiddly job getting them together, the result is well worth it.. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Jean S said...

Superb guy card Emma, jxx

Jackie C said...

Fabulous workmanship! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ ttph

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Kirsty said...

Fabulous card Emma, great for a teenager which are cards I tend to struggle with. Thank you for your inspiration. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Kathy P said...

Brilliant card x