Followers

Monday 13 May 2019

Pet Sympathy card

Good Morning everyone.

Today im sharing a sad card to make, for a good friend who had to say goodbye to her furbaby. 

6x6 white linen cardbase.  I first stenciled the heart pawprints onto the card base using original distress inks in grey and black.  I die cut a heart that was big enough to cover the large paw print to the right and stenciled the large paw print with red ink and then the rest with grey.  

I then die cut the paw prints across the middle of the heart keeping all the little 'waste' bits.  I added a piece of patterned paper to the inside of the card.  I then closed the card and piece by piece and alot of patience i glued all the paw prints pieces back into place, so that they are glued to the inside of the card but when closed line up with the original die cuts on the front of the card - photo below will make more sense hopefully.  I had to close the card and glue them in through the paw print die cut so that i could line it all up.

I then lined the die cut heart up in place on the front.  I then stamped the crazy dog stamp twice and coloured him in, this is the stamp that looked the most like a little westie dog.  I then fussy cut him out and added to the card front.  Stamped sentiment to finish. 



Hopefully you can see the heart behind the dog better here




a close up and this shows better the paw print apertures



And the inside. I picked a piece of sea patterned paper as the little man used to love his daily walks along the sea front.  I added the second stamped dog here.  Hopefully this photo helps make sense of how i glued the paw prints back into place so that when the card is closed they line up on the front of the card with the stenciled heart. 

Items Used:
Elizabeth crafts paw print die
Paw print heart stencil
Heart die
Tim Holtz crazy dog stamp
Distress inks hickory smoke, black soot, fired brick 
Bobunny paper
Justrite sentiment stamp


Thank you all for stopping by as always.  I hope you all have a brilliant week. 




Id love to enter the following:





******



******




******


craftyanimals.blogspot.com/2019/05/challenge-26 - anything goes with an animal



17 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

A sad card to make but your thoughtful design will be really appreciated by your friend I hope it can make her smile always such a difficult time when you lose your pet and best friend Love and hugs Carole x

Pam said...

You have so much patience Emma and your cards are absolute perfection and such an inspiration. I love this card, ideal for such a sad occasion.
Pam x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Such a beautiful card for such a sad occasion Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Simply Create Too.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)

Diane said...

Super cute design Emma.

Hugs Diane

meg said...

what a thoughtful way to let your friend know you are thinking of her fabulous card

ALI said...

Emma this is perfect and beautiful x

Kathleen said...

A beautiful card for such a sad occasion. I’m sure your friend appreciated your very thoughtful card.

gwen70 said...

Beautiful card for such a sad time xx

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Emma for such sad occasion, beautiful design x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Emma....just right for the loss of a fur baby....Joolsx

Brenda said...

It's so hard to say goodbye to a trusted friend. Your card is just perfect Emma. I love the paw prints in the shape of a heart and I love the little paw print windows too. The little furbaby is adorable. Well done and I hope this card brings your friend some comfort. Hugs, Brenda

Dawn Phillips said...

Wow, that's such a stunning card. It's a pity it was for such a sad occasion. Love Dawn x

StephW said...

A lovely thought to make a card like this, it's wonderful and personal ... Steph x

Lisa J said...

A Beautiful card and am sure your friend appreciated it. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

Kirsty said...

This is such a wonderful card for such a sad occasion, I love how you have done the paw prints through the apertures for the inside, it looks like they are going up to heaven. I'm sure it was very much appreciated. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Kathy P said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful card Emma, every time we look at it, it makes us smile as the image is so like little man. It's sits in my craft room with his collar and will always stay there. Thank you once again. Love and hugs from us both xx