Followers

Thursday 9 May 2019

Spring Greens


Good Morning everyone, i hope you are having a good week.  Thank you for your amazing comments on my last card the slider - honestly the die does the work so its easy.

Today im sharing the second card i made for my parents neighbour Harry, he is an avid gardener so i went with a green leaf theme and kept it CAS. 



I actually used my large oval dies to make this shaped card,  I folded a piece of white A4 in half and then over hanged the top and bottom of the oval die over the edge so it kept the spine in tact.  I then cut the other layers with smaller ovals.  I coloured a piece of white card with various green aquatints and added a touch of gold mica spray. 

I die cut a oval from white linen card and cut off the top and bottom, i then die cut my leaf die 3 times from the middle.  I then die cut the leaves again from gold mirror card, i added the white to the green and then inset the gold leaves, i then mounted it all on the base card. 

I die cut a white tag and stamped the greeting.  Although with the 3 leaves i had planned to have them top and tailed but after looking at it after id made it i thought if id cut all 3 leaves the right way up then could almost look like trees. 



A close up on the leaves, i love the gold against the green. 

Items Used:
Concord & Ninth layered leaf dies
XL stitched oval dies
spellbinders 'Valiant honor' die set 
clearly besotted sentiment stamp
CraftUk ltd white linen card
Aquatints
Gold Mirror card


Thank you all for stopping by once again.  Have a lovely weekend. Emma

Id love the enter the following:



******
Is anyone else finding since the change to the link up tool on many challenge blogs that the link up button is missing?  So many in the last couple of months ive gone to enter and just no link up button in sight?  Not sure if its only me with the problem or not? Thank you if you can help😀 x


12 comments:

meg said...

the gold green combo is beautiful Emma, so fresh looking brilliant make

ALI said...

Great shape and lovely card x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

this is a snashng card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

StephW said...

Oooh gorgeous fresh green colours, love the touch of gold too, wonderful CAS creation ... I've not had any problems seeing the link up button but find it does takes longer to go through the motions when linking up ... Steph x

Kathleen said...

I’m sure Harry was delighted with this lovely card. Your « green-fingered touch » makes it perfect for a gardener!

Pat said...

Lovely CAS card, thanks for sharing at MTTC.

Pat xx

gwen70 said...

Wonderful card, love the gorgeous green

Dawn Phillips said...

I like the unusual shape of the card. Love Dawn x

Pam said...

A great card for Harry. I love the gold and green combo.
Pam x

Carole Pollard said...

Great card just the perfect design for a keen gardener Love and hugs Carole x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Emma...love the "greens"...and gold together...Joolsx

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous card for Harry Emma, love the green and gold leaves. Big hugs Kirsty. x