Followers

Thursday 2 May 2019

Tulips

Good Morning everyone.

Today im sharing a couple of cards using a Tulip on the edge die.  The first one i made for a friend who was born in The Netherlands to let her know im thinking of her, so it had to be Tulips. 




I wanted to try and use more than one tulip so came up with this.  Approx 6x6 card.  I first folded a card base from gold pearlised card and cut the tulip from the front right edge.  I also cut the tulip from 3 pieces of white card, i inked them up with oxide inks.  I then added the first one lining up with the tulip cut from the gold basecard.  I then glued the other 2 on top so i had 3 in a row.  
I cut the tulips twice more from gold card and kept the 'waste' pieces that fell out, these i inserted back into the 2 'white' tulips.  To the left of the cardfront i added a strip of colour using the same oxide inks i used for the tulips and then covered the join with a thin strip of gold pearl card.
I stamped the greeting, trimmed to size and lightly inked around it with grey ink so it stands out, i added this with a bit of dimension over the tulips. I added touches of glitter glue to the tulips just to add a little sparkle. 
This second photo shows the card open and how you can peek through the Tulip on the edge 



********




And a little card using just the one on the edge tulip.  I folded a gold pearlised cardbase approx 6x6" and die cut the tulip on the front right edge. I then die cut a tulip again from white card to fit the front of the card and added this over the top of the gold tulip.  I had inked my tulip with oxide inks again and i added splashes of these inks to the front white panel.  I added a strip of inked card and gold pearl to the left edge.  

Lastly i stamped these fantastic hare stamps from lavinia that i got at Christmas and a sentiment stamp.

Just showing the card stood open.



This one just uses a different hare and sentiment.

Items used:
Technique Tuesdays on the edge tulip die
Lavinia Stamps - hares
Sentiment stamps
Distress Oxide inks - candied apple, spiced marmalade, lemonade, cracked pistachio & lucky clover.
Gold pearl card - payper box


Thank you all for stopping by and all your amazing comments on my last upload. I hope you all enjoy the coming bank holiday weekend.  Emmax




15 comments:

meg said...

beautiful cards Emma love both

gwen70 said...

Gorgeous cards Emma, love the way you have done the edge xx

Mrs A. said...

Three fabulous cards.My favourite being the last card. That standing hare is just awesome. Love it. Hugs Mrs A.

Pam said...

Lovely on the edge cards and those hares are so cute.
Pam x

Kirsty said...

Three gorgeous cards Emma, great way of using the edge die cuts as additional flowers on the first card and loving the Lavinia hares, my favourites too as you can see from your Easter card. Big hugs Kirsty x

ALI said...

Gorgeous Emma, I'd love to spend a day with you crafting x

pinkclover.cards said...

Beautiful cards Emma. I love the flowing line of the die and the repetition looks gorgeous. Enjoy your weekend.
Fatima x

Dawn Phillips said...

Lovely cards. I like the lose coloured effect. Love Dawn x

StephW said...

Love the trio of dancing tulips just as much as the single ones, the silhouette hares are a great addition ... Steph x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work...Love the Tulip design...Marilyn.x

Jean S said...

Beautiful card/design Emma xx

Alison59 said...

Thank you for your wishes Emma. Beautiful card x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous tulip cards Emma and love the little images of hares x

Kathleen said...

Wonderful cards...you have such creative talent!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, love them all Gx