Followers

Monday 29 April 2019

Ovals & Flowers

Morning everyone.  I hope you had a lovely weekend.

Today im sharing the first card i made after buying a set of large stitched oval dies. To check they worked i cut them all in one go layered together, this gave me lots of frames.


I slightly rotated each oval frame and glued to the one below where it touched, i kept rotating each oval frame until i got to the smallest middle one which worked out so that it was attached back parallel to the original largest one (see below for more details). I then randomly stamped florals and foliage with oxide inks.  I added foam tape to the back and attached to solid oval die cut with the largest die from white card.  I die cut a second large white oval, scored a line on the left edge and attached that to the back of the card to give a back to the card. 

I die cut the smallest oval from white card and stamped my greeting in black, this i attached into the middle.  I inked up white card with oxide inks, using some of the colours i used in the background stamping. Once dry i die cut flowers and foliage.  I built up the flowers with several layers. I arranged this on the base with the foliage. Gems added to the flower centres to finish. 




Close up of the flowers.  As well as the green foliage i die cut some silver holographic card into foliage to break up the colour a bit and it matches the holographic gems i added to the flower centres.




This shows the oval frames better, as you can see i rotated each one starting with the largest on the outside, gluing each smaller one on top of the one below. 


Items Used:
XL Inside outside stitched oval dies
Daisy flower die
Foliage dies
Stampin Up 'wetlands' sentiment
Flower stamps - lost the label but i have a feeling their were Hero Arts - eons old though!
Oxide inks - wilted violet, picked raspberry, salty ocean, cracked pistachio, fossilized amber, 

I was pleased how this came out so think i shall make a few more for the box.  If you like this you may like the cards i made in a similar way with Hexagon dies, the link will take you to the original post and full details.



Thank you all for stopping by as always.  I can't believe this week we are heading into the month of May, where do the weeks go to.  I hope you all have a good week. Hugs Emma




Id love to enter the following: 





***









21 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning cards and brilliant die Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

Love all the cards Emma, but the first one is amazing, plus all the gorgeous flowers. Gwen xx

pinkclover.cards said...

Gorgeous cards Emma
Fatima x

Wendy L said...

Love your vibrant flowers, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

Dawn Phillips said...

Brilliant idea for creating frames and it makes fabulous cards. Love Dawn x

Cherie said...

I love those nesting dies... You have used them really well Emma. It's always a joy to see what you are creating

Pam said...

I love the oval card, so much detail to look at and such pretty colours.
Pam x

Denise Fletcher said...

Unusual and lovely, Emma!

Brenda said...

Emma, what a wonderful way to make great use of your wonderful dies! Your beautiful card is just what I had in mind for our challenge. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Little Red Wagon!

meg said...

Brilliant use of the dies Emma, love the paper you used and the addition of the flowers

Sue Nicholson said...

Smashing cards, like the design idea. Thanks for sharing cheers Sue x

jimlynn said...

So unique and gorgeous!!! WOW!
Lynn

Furrbster said...

What a great idea - the layers are just lovely,

thanks for playing along with my Floral challenge at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

StephW said...

Super idea to offset the frames and add stamping on top too, such a pretty vibrant creation ... Steph x

Mrs A. said...

This is really unusual and a great idea. I love the colours you have used. Hugs Mrs A.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful cards Emma....what great design....love the colours...Joolsx

Brenda said...

What a clever idea and your card turned out so beautiful!!! I would have never thought to do this, but then again, I've never cut all my shapes at once like this either. lol You are very clever and talented and I love how it came out. Great for any shape as you have shown with your hexagons! Hugs, Brenda

EmmaT said...

Thank you Brenda for such a lovely comment. Emmax

Kirsty said...

Stunning card Emma, love this idea and how you stamp the flowers and foliage on top. Great way of using the dies and so effective. Your a genius. Big hugs Kirsty.x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards...especially the ovals...such a great idea..Marilyn.x

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Love that oval die cut and how you used it. The flowers and leaves are gorgeous and the colors pop. Thanks for joining us at Moving Along With The Times!