Followers

Monday 3 June 2019

Chinese Lanterns

Good Morning everyone. 

For christmas i was given a few beautiful Lavinia stamps as ive seen so many beautiful creations with them especially by a couple of my blog followers Gwen and Ali.  Well after 'playing' ive decided that i need several more stamps to build scenes so for now i shall use them with the stash i already have. 

For this one i wanted the appearance of the Chinese lanterns brightening up a night sky,  i decided the hare would fit perfectly. 



5x7 white cardbase.   I die cut a rectangle of smooth white card, i stamped the chinese lanterns stamp and masked them with pebeo drawing gum.  This allowed me to work on the background keeping the lanterns clean.  I also doodled in some ground with a black pen to ground the image.
 I used original distress inks in hickory smoke, black soot, chipped sapphire & dusty concord to build up a background, i wanted it darker around the lanterns and lightly blended out leaving the right side almost white.  Then I used oxide inks cracked pistachio & wilted violet through a couple of stencils to add interest. 
Once the background was completely dry i removed the drawing gum from the lanterns.  I then coloured them with Wink of stella pens so that they are all shimmery, to have the effect of the light emanating from the lanterns i dotted around the outside of them with more of the orange pens.
I then stamped the beautiful hare, i used my stamp platform so that i could overstamp him to get him a nice solid black.  I added a touch of the wink of stella pens to the ground and the front of the hare as the light from the lanterns would catch them. 
I mounted the scene onto black card and then my cardbase.  Stamped the little beautiful word. 



This photo really shows the glittering sparkle of the wink of stella pens.  I used yellow(05), orange(43) & red(46)

Items Used:
Lavinia stamps - chinese lanterns & whimsical hares
Mini word stamps
Memory box cross stitch rectangle dies
Stencils
Wink of stella pens
Distress Inks & oxide inks
CraftUk ltd smooth white card
Black card 

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you all have a great week. Emma





Id love to enter the following:



***


***





16 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous card, Emma...and I loved reading all the details of its creation! It’s inspirational learning how you work your artistic magic. Thank you.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

ALI said...

Oh my this is gorgeous, I love how you've made the lanterns glow !

gwen70 said...

Such a gorgeous card. love the stamps and what you have done with them xx

meg said...

stunning make Emma, the lamps glow beautifully against the dusky background, love it

Pam said...

Wow, this is fabulous and those lantens really shine. I love it.
Pam x

StephW said...

You've certainly made the lanterns come alive ... so eye catching ... Steph x

Dawn Phillips said...

This is so stunning. I love the effect you have created with those shining lanterns. Love Dawn x

Jean S said...

Fabulous Emma, bet they are more so in real life. Jxx

Manuela said...

Grazie per aver partecipato alla sfida di The Chafting Challenge Dt Manuela

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

Kuni said...

Wonderful nad cute card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous card Emma, I love the Lavinia stamps hares and I think this card is fantastic, the effect of the glowing lanterns is brilliant. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Kathy P said...

Beautiful, love how the lanterns glow x

Denise Fletcher said...

Classy card Emma x

Lisa J said...

This is an amazing card. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT