Followers

Thursday 6 June 2019

Triangle Trees

Hello everyone, thank you for stopping by once again.  

Now i normally don't even think about Christmas cards until August/September but when i was playing the other day with my triangle dies and my marbled papers i was laying out the triangles in various ways to see what i liked and one of them looked like a tree i thought, so made a couple up.I think come September i shall make a few more. 


5x7white cardbase.  I die cut a mixture of the small and large triangles from my marbled paper and the fancy top layer from white card and adhered together.  I cut a piece of white card smaller than the card front and dry embossed with a snowfall EF, i splashed on some of the same inks i used on the marbled paper.  I layered onto a piece of purple card and then the cardbase. 

On a piece of white card i die cut a curved border edge die and a stitched line die.  I stamped the sentiment using colbalt archival ink.  I then die cut a few stars from the little left over pieces of marbled paper. I added one of the larger stars on top of the tree.  A few touches of glitter glue to finish. 


A close up showing my pink, purple & blue marbled paper better.


Second version using marbled paper in blues & greens.  

Items Used:
Altenew Shattered Triangle die set
Star dies
Stitched Curved border edge dies
Justrite sentiment stamps
Aquatint inks
crafters companion snow embossing folder

If you missed my marbling fun, you can find the details here

I hope you all have a good end of the week and weekend. Emma




Id love to enter the following:






****


*****






20 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fantastic card design Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Pam said...

Brilliant quirky Christmas cards Emma, but far far too soon ! :)
Pam x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Superb cards, Emma, love the texture on this card, from the marbled triangles to the snow texture on background with splattering, looks really great, hugs Shaz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

jimlynn said...

Stunning!!!! Very creative and just so beautiful.
Lynn

meg said...

love the quirky design Emma, wonderful use of your dies

Sue - said...

Very clever Emma!

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic cards Emma i have the same dies bet my trees would look lopsided lol
Kate x

Kathleen said...

Wonderful cards, Emma...and a very clever way to use your triangle dies! But too early for me to think of Christmas...I need to let the summer months pass first.

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a fun card! Love your triangles Christmas Tree - very festive! Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'.

ALI said...

you clever little thing you, I love them x

Denise Fletcher said...

Very different Emma, I like them! Like the little splashes in the background too!

Darlene said...

WOW! These are both just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing in our Merry Little Christmas Challenge! Good Luck and I look forward to seeing you again next month!

Darlene
Merry Little Christmas DT
MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Kirsty said...

Two gorgeous cards Emma, love the triangle tree, great effect. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Donna Ellis said...

I am blown away, Emma! These triangle trees are fabulous! Amazing stained glass designs, and wonderful colors! Thank you for uploading your pretty project to Christmas at the Sweet Stampin’ Challenge . Hope to see more of your creative submissions in the future.
Warm Smiles,
de
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

StephW said...

Love your triangle festive trees, a wonderful modern look using your marbled papers ... Steph x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work...Too soon for festive for me!!!!!.....but love the detail....Marilyn.x

Kathy P said...

Beautiful Christmas card Emma, brilliant use if dies. Thought I was on a different blog as I know you don't do Christmas until September lol. xx

BrendaB said...

How creative! That marbled paper is beautiful and your tree design is awesome. Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

Inkyfingers said...

What an awesome non-traditional Christmas tree and that is such a creative way to use those gorgeous triangles.
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x.

Chrissie said...

All your triangles are simply beautiful and how clever of you to make them into Christmas trees.
Fabulous!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Happy Little Stampers CAS
Chrissie