Followers

Monday 22 July 2019

Male DIY Birthday card

Good Morning everyone

My mojo is slowly returning after my little 'op' the other week, nothing too strenuous yet so i used a sketch and made a very simple Male Birthday card.  I used papers all from the same paper pad and paired them with some kraft card. 


6x6 Kraft card base.  I then fully covered the front with a green paper from the pad. I cut up one of the papers which had printed rulers on it and used 4 of the 'rulers' and criss crossed them.  Then then die cut the birthday circle from wood effect paper and mounted onto 2 more plain papers and mounted with foam tape. 

I then decided to die cut some tools from kraft card, inked the handles with ages mahogany distress ink and arranged on the front.  I die cut 4 screw tops from kraft card and mounted in the corners of the card to finish. 


Just a close up.

 This is the sketch i used. 

Items Used:

6x6 paper pad( I think its a My Minds Eye one but lost the cover)
Memory box birthday circle die
Tool dies
Distress Ink - aged mahogany
CraftUk ltd Kraft card

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you all have a good week whatever your plans.  I can't believe its now the school holidays, the weeks seem to be flying past this year. Hugs Emmax



Id love to enter the following:






16 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A brilliant card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kathleen said...

What a super male birthday card! I hope you’re recovering well after your little op...sending you healing hugs.

meg said...

brilliant male make Emma, hope you are recovering well, you could enter this at Make My Monday where the challenge is for a guy

jimlynn said...

Wonderful masculine card. I love all the little tools!
Lynn

Dawn Phillips said...

Lovely card. Hope you are making a speedy recovery. Love Dawn x

Denise Fletcher said...

Hi Emma Ive got these tool dies and have been trying to think of a way to make them into a card. Ive got to save this as inspiration, as I love the layout. Many thanks again for my lovely card by the way! I LOVE it!

gwen70 said...

Great card Emma, hope you are okay xx

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

Pam said...

Brilliant card Emma. Glad your mojo has returned.
Pam x

Jean S said...

Great male card love the layout, xxx

Unknown said...

A fabulous male card, love the tools. I hope you're recovering well as is your mojo!
Caroline x

Brenda said...

What a fun masculine birthday card! Perfect for any Mr. Fix It. Love your take on the sketch, that rulers paper you cut up is perfect for those stripes. Love the tools too, they look aged, old and well loved. Hugs, Brenda

Anonymous said...

what a Fabulous male card..love the little tools..great detail...hope you are getting better by the day!...Marilyn.x

ALI said...

Fab card Emma, great design.
Hope your feeling better x

StephW said...

Love those little tools, you've created a wonderful DIY male card ... hope you've been able to stay cool in all this recent heat ... Steph x

Kirsty said...

Sorry not been on for a while but escaped for a few days for a break with a friend, so was mega busy at work before and when I got back. I hope all is ok with you after your op and that this has helped with you getting your mojo moving again, (not in my opinion that you ever lost it)! Fabulous male card Emma, love how you've done the tools in kraft card, what a great idea. Take care my lovely, big hugs Kirsty. x