Followers

Monday 29 July 2019

Alice Shaker card

Good Morning everyone.

Today im sharing a shaker card i made for my nieces 4th birthday, can't believe Alice is 4, she is growing so fast. Alice's favourite colour is purple so ive used purple mirri card, sadly the photos don't do it justice. 


A5 white cardbase. I first started by printing the name Alice direct onto some lilac birthday script cardstock.  I picked a font that would be easier to cut out with a craft knife as i don't have any large alpha dies. Once printed i carefully cut around the inside of the printed line so that it left the outline to help define the word for little Alice to read.  

I then backed this piece with acetate and then foam tape, i went around each individual letter with the foam tape. placing this face down I then put different shades of sequins and micro beads into each letter.  I backed this section with lilac cardstock. I then mounted this whole panel onto purple mirri card and added to the base card. 

I computer printed the sentiment and age in grey with a black outline onto white card, cut out and mounted onto more purple mirri card.  I then die cut lots of tiny butterflies from the purple mirri card and added around the cardfront. 

You can make out the purple better in this one


A close up on the shaker part.  No matter how many shaker cards i make its always a case of either not adding enough shaker bits or adding too many, sometimes i get it just right.  Could have done with a few more sequins in the 'A' but im sure Alice won't notice😀

This is just to show you the font i printed direct onto the lilac card.  In my graphics program serif craft artist i edited it so that i just had a thick outside line and the middle was blank, this made it so much easier for me to hand cut it with a knife, i cut inside the line.  Not being very good with a craft knife i needed it as simple as possible. 

Alice's birthday is on Saturday and i have my invite, so looking forward to that. 

Items Used:
Anna Marie birthday script cardstock
Mirri card - chocolate box purple
White card craftUK ltd
Memory box mini butterfly dies
Acetate
Shaker pieces - sequins, glitter, micro beads

Thank you for all stopping by and your well wishes, im on the mend.  Mojo not completely returned so ive been having a serious sort out of my craft stash - a job well done i think.  I hope you all have a good week and can keep cool if its hot with you. Emmax



Id love to enter the following:

http://colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.com/2019/07/color-dare-353-splash-of-color-purples.html

*****



17 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kathleen said...

What a wonderful card for Alice! You have put so many of her favourite things into its creation, that she can’t fail to be delighted. I love how you have made her name so interesting by filling the letters with sequins and micro beads. Bet she’ll love shaking it!
Hard to believe Alice is already four.

meg said...

She's sure to love this one Emma gorgeous colours and glitter

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

Cherie said...

Emma, that is utterly utterly brilliant. I am pinching your idea for my friend's birthday. She will be delighted.

A.Rose said...

Now this card was a lot of work. But well worth it! Each letter with a different shade of shakers...wow. Thanks for joining the Color My Heart Color Dare...hope you play again with us.

Pam said...

A super card for a 4 year old and I am sure Alice will absolutely love it. Where have those years gone?
Pam x

StephW said...

Hats off to you for hand cutting those letters, wonderful shaker design sure to delight Alice on her birthday! Steph x

Alison59 said...

Just popping in to say "Hi" x

Cat Nowak said...

What a fantastic birthday card! I am impressed you hand cut those letters. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

ALI said...

This is so lovely she will love it x
Enjoy the party :)

Brenda said...

What a fun, clever and creative card for Alice! I love how you did her name as a shaker card. Will have to remember this for a birthday card. Love too, that you put her age on as well, such a nice personalized card. Hugs, Brenda

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card For Alice Emma...bit she loved it....time goes very quickly...Ruby is 6....Joolsx

Babs said...

Hi Emma just love your beautiful card and I am sure Alice will too..
Babs x

Unknown said...

A fantastic shaker card, lovely pretty sequins. Your knife skills are way better than mine, very neat finishing!
Caroline x

Kirsty said...

What a gorgeous shaker card for Alice, love the idea of doing each letter with a different coloured sequin inside, brilliant. I'm sure she will love it and hope you all have a fab day. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Miss. Carrie's Creations said...

What an adorable card. I am sure that she will love it. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at the Color My Heart Color Dare Blog.💙☕ Miss.Carrie