Followers

Thursday 19 September 2019

Away in A Manger

Good Morning everyone.

Today im sharing my first set of Christmas cards.  I went with a stained glass feel and the traditional Nativity scene.


6x6" cardblank.  I first die cut the scene from black cardstock and attached a square of acetate behind.  I then used Imagination Crafts Starlight paints on the back of the acetate with a sponge, it needed 2 layers but the paint dries fast.
 I then cut a piece of white cardstock smaller than my cardfront and die cut the nativity die from the middle of it so that i had a 'window'  recess to sit my black one back in.  I then embossed the panel with a brick design embossing folder.  I attached this panel over my nativity scene, mounted onto black card and then the cardbase.   To avoid waste i did actually cut my black nativity from the piece of card i used as my 'mat' layer as i knew it wouldn't be seen so no one would know.

I then stamped a greeting and die cut into shape.  I die cut some winter foliage from card painted with shades of green Starlight paints and added underneath the sentiment. 





Version 2, i made 20 and all are slightly different with my stained glass window and a good start to my christmas cards. 



A close up, you can just about see the shimmer from the starlight paints but doesn't really do it justice, in real life the shimmer and shine is amazing. I found i got a smooth effect using a sponge to add the paint rather than a brush.  Ive had this die years and remembered why i haven't used it much since the first year - it cuts beautifully but takes ages to get all the bits out as it is a solid die so you have to use a pokey tool to poke each little piece out so very time consuming, even using wax paper or a tumble wipe makes no difference.

Items Used:
Cottage Cutz nativity die
Spellbinders circle & oval dies
Tim Holtz foliage dies
Various sentiment stamps
Imagination Craft starlight paints
Acetate
CraftUk Ltd 6x6 cardblanks
Payper box black cardstock

Thank you all for stopping by once again and all the comments you take the time to leave.  I hope you all enjoy the rest of this week and the weekend.  Emmax




Id love to enter the following challenges:


*****


*****


*****



20 comments:

meg said...

the stained glass effect is stunning Emma, beautiful cards

Kathleen said...

Beautiful set of Christmas cards. I love the stained glass effect that you’ve created.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

Stunning cards Emma, love the stained glass xx

Alison59 said...

Absolutely stunning and just what it's all about :-)

jimlynn said...

Love the stained glass look of this gorgeous card! So lovely!!
Lynn

Pam said...

Love your cards, especially the stained glass effect.
Pam x

Kirsty said...

Beautiful cards Emma, love the stain glass idea and perfect for Christmas cards. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

Darlene said...

OMG this is just gorgeous! LOVE how you created the stained glass background!! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Merry Little Christmas as well as the 'Embossing' challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters!
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

StephW said...

Your paint effect on the acetate is just stunning, sets the nativity scene perfectly and keeping the surroundings white draws your eye in ... how I can top this with some white versions remains to be seen! Steph x

ALI said...

Wow that's so effective x

Dawn Phillips said...

These are awesome. I love that stained glass effect. Love Dawn x

Diane said...

Beautifully created card...thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

Jean S said...

Love all your recent cards Emma, fabulous as always,
Havn probs getting on here again. So an other try jxx

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi Emma … just love your super little stained glass nativity card so very colourful … well done … hope you are well … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your fantastic project with us in the Happy Little Stampers September "Anything Goes With Dies" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, HLS Dies Team
Love To Scrap 2

Lesley said...

Beautiful Emma

FridayFeeling said...

A gorgeous set of cards - the colours and sparkle are fantastic - fabulous designs!

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards Emma, love the designs and beautiful colours.
I need to start making Christmas cards soon. xx