Followers

Monday 2 September 2019

New Baby Girl

Good Morning everyone.

Last week my 5th niece was born - Charlotte Rose.  So im sharing the 2 cards i made for her, as usual for family occasions i make 2 as one is for my parents so i always try and make them completely different.


7x7" White scalloped cardblank.  I mounted pink patterened paper onto grey pearl card and then the base card.  I die cut my elephant from the soft grey pearl card and the pink paper and layered together.  I die cut a white frame and added it to the card front with foam tape, i added my elephant and my die cut sentiment - the baby is one word and i made up the 'girl' using individual alpha dies. . 



Close up on my little elephant.  I added a darker eye to help it stand out a little bit more as in retrospect think the paper might be too busy.  In order to cut the pink paper elephant i first cut the grey card elephant and left the die cut in the die and then cut the paper, this means it just cut around the outside of the elephant and not the lacy inside. 



For card 2 i used neutrals and a little lion, approx 5.5x5.5".  I first die cut my lion from beige dotty card and champagne glitter card, i then cut off the main and tail and glued onto the dotty lion.  I added a piece of brown card to the back of his head for the ears/eyes.  I die cut a octogen from ivory card and stamped my greeting in chocolate brown, i mounted this onto a champagne glitter octogen. 

Using my crealies octogen patchword die set i die cut the beige dotty card into patchwork peices and mounted them onto a large octogen from ivory cardstock.  I then added the lion topper panel with foam tape.  I used a dark brown fine liner pen to add in stitch details.




A close up on my lion, sadly the photo doesn't do the glitter card justice as it really sparkles. 

Items Used:
Crealies octogen  patchwork dies
Memory box stitched octogen dies
Lion die
Filagree elephant die
Mama elephant frame die set
sentiment & alphabet dies
Kanban pink patten paper
Anne-Marie taupe dotty cardstock
Grey pearl & Ivory leather effect card - payper box
CraftUK ltd white card
Champagne glitter cardstock

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you all have a good week, i can't beleive its time for the children to go back to school.  Emmax








10 comments:

meg said...

Two beauties Emma, love the die cuts, lovely to see something a little bit different for a baby card

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Tow fantastic cards Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Alison59 said...

Congratulations to all xx

Two lovely cards Emma :-)

Pam said...

Beautiful cards Emma. The little ele and lion are so cute.

Congratulations to everyone, such a pretty name.
Pam x

Cherie said...

What a pretty name for the little sweetheart. Love both of those cards Emma. Couldn't pick a favourite

Jean S said...

Superb cards Emma, love the wee lion jxx

Kirsty said...

Two beautiful cards Emma and congratulations on the safe arrival for your family. Thank you for the tip with the die cutting, I wouldn't have thought about cutting it again with the pieces left in it to get the outline. I do love your pink and grey ele. Big hugs Kirsty. x

StephW said...

How lovely another niece has arrived, congrats to you all, two gorgeous cards and fabulous character dies ... Steph x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Two beautiful cards...Congratulations to everyone....Joolsx

Kate Jeffery said...

gorgeous cards Emma
Kate x