Followers

Thursday 31 October 2019

Blue Hedgehogs

Good Morning Everyone, i hope you are having a good week.

Today im sharing a inky scene with the lovely little Lavinia hedgehog stamps.  

7x7scalloped cardbase.  I first took a piece of white card and stamped the floral florish, i then masked it with masking fluid.  This meant i could then work on the background.  I used blue shades of distress ink first and then added in some stencilling with oxide inks.  I stamped water drops in grey ink and then using a damp paintbrush removed the ink within the drops.  I then added glossy accents to the water drops. I also splashed some water onto the background and dapped with tissue to remove some of the colour.  I splashed on some grey pearl paint to add a little shimmer.

I then stamped my hedgehogs & sentiment.  I doodled in some ground for them with a black fineliner pen.  I also stamped some scripted on the ground area just to add some interest and depth to the ground.  I then removed the masking fluid from the flowers and coloured them in with a clear wink of stella pen to give them a lovely shimmer.  I then mounted the panel onto silver mirri card and then the base card. 

Just about shows the shimmer on the flowers hopefully. 

Most of 'my' hedgehogs are still feeding and fattening up for winter but then other years as its been mild here in Cornwall they are often still out and about into December.  You may think all hedgehogs look the same but after seeing them night after night you can tell subtle differences in them, quite often in their colourings and markings.


Items Used:
Pebeo Drawing Gum (to mask)
Honeydoo flower stamp
Lavinia hedgehogs
Waterdrop stamps
Sentiment stamp
Stampin Up dictionary stamp
Various stencils
Distress Inks - chipped shapphire, dusty concord, tumbled glass, salty ocean
Distress Oxide inks -  tumbled glass, dusty concord, salty ocean

Thank you all for stopping by once again. Emmax




Id love to enter the following challenges:


*****


*****




27 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful image and card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Pink Rose said...

Hi Emma oh wow what a very cute card beautiful work my friend,well done xx

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

Kathleen said...

I love your hedgehog card and the fabulous blue background you’ve created! And yes, I can see the gorgeous shimmer on the flowers.
I hope all your little hedgehogs will eat enough to allow them to get through the winter...it must be really nice having them in your garden.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Aww....love this one Emma....cute image of the heggies...Joolsx

brenda said...

Such a striking card with the masked blooms against the inky backing, many thanks for joining in with our 'Make your own background' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

meg said...

fabulous background and water drops Emma, love the shimmer on the flowers and the tiny hedgehogs are a wonderful finishing touch

Linby said...

This is just delightful and I am sure it sparkles so much in real life.
Thanks for joining in with my make your own background challenge at Allsorts this week.
Lynn x
DT

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card Emma! Love all that blue too. The hedgehogs are adorable. You'll have to post a picture of YOUR hedgehog now. I've never seen one in real life.
Lynn

gwen70 said...

Oh Emma such a delightful card, I love it.xx

Pia S said...

Ah, what a beauty of a card! Gorgeous inky background, love that you masked off the flowers to keep them untouched, and then we have the sweet hedgehogs... Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

Mervi said...

Fabulous background and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Emma just love your little inky scene hedgie card … and love your doodled ground … we used to have a little hedgie in our back garden but have not seen him lately … thank you so much for stopping by my blog today … I am hoping to get a few Christmas cards done as I am so far behind … have a great rest of the week happy crafting and love sandy xx

Jean S said...

Fabulous Emma, ! Love the wee hogs xx

ALI said...

Beautiul card Emma the flowers really pop x

Kathleen said...

A really fabulous background and two great images and like the way the flower is white and the hedgies are dark. Thank you for joining our 'Make you own background' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Pam said...

I love your card, amd the little hedgehogs are gorgeous. You are definitely Ms Doolittle looking after the waifs and strays that call on you for food and shelter.
Pam x

Babs said...

A gorgeous card Emma love the masked area ,and background just adore those little edgies. Have a fab weekend.
Babs x

StephW said...

Fabulous inky b/ground & card, you've set the scene so well, can just image your hedgies out & about in the moonlight snuffling around! Steph x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Emma, the background is so beautiful and love the little details x

Denise Fletcher said...

A lovely little card Emma! Love the hedgehogs!

Dawn Phillips said...

That's lovely. Such a sweet scene. Love Dawn x

pinkclover.cards said...

Beautiful background Emma - the hedgehogs are adorable!
Fatima x

Anonymous said...

Emma I have caught up with your gorgeous card but only commented on the last one love the hedgehogs and the card is beautiful Gx

Alison59 said...

Oh how beautiful Emma; I love it :-)

Kirsty said...

Stunning card Emma, loving the feel of the card, the hedgehogs out on there night time rambles. Beautiful background as usual. Glad to hear your gang are all fattening up well, with all the rain I suspect there have been lots of slugs and snails out for them. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Marlena M. said...

Stunning scene Emma! I love the contrast you've achieved. Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~