Followers

Monday 4 November 2019

Christmas Baubles

Good Morning all, i hope you had a good weekend.

Today im sharing a set of Christmas cards i made with a very old Spellbinders tree die ive had for eons, i teamed it with inky backgrounds id made and baubles die cut from all those little scraps of paper we amass.  The result is a white tree glistening with lots of glitter & nice glossy baubles.

Approx 4x6" finished size.  I first made a background on white card with a mix of brusho's & pixie powders, i then splashed on white acylic paint to appear as falling snow.  I then die cut the whole tree frame from white card, i added glitter glue to the tree and stamped the greeting.  
To make my base card I folded white card in half and then place the outside frame die so that it sat over the spine and ran through my die cutting machine. I then attached my front panel to the card base.  
I die cut baubles from paper, gently curved them and then attached to the tree, i doodled in ribbon string tying the baubles onto the branches.  I then added glossy accents to the baubles to give them a lovely shiny finish.


Showing it side on so you can see the shaped card base

2nd version, this time i added some lovely little bunny rabbits again die cut from little snippets of grey card.



This Version has a distress Oxide ink background and i used little left over pieces from the marbled paper i made earlier in the year for my glossy baubles.

I made several of these cards and they are all different as the backgrounds all vary and the papers i used for my baubles. 





Items Used:
Spellbinders 'Just Swingin' S4-391
Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2011
OI mini rabbits die
Various sentiment stamps
Brusho's
Cosmic shimmer pixie powders & shimmer shakers
Distress Oxide inks - pistachio, tumbled glass & twisted citron

Thank you all for stopping by once again and all your amazing comments lately, i always appreciate them.  Well life will be getting back to normal this week hopefully.  I hope you all have a brilliant week. Hugs Emma


*****


*****

https://merrylittlechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/2019/11/mlccb-16-november-anything-christmas.html

*****

28 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous cards Emma, love the adorable bunnies and beautiful colours. Your tree die is fab. xx

meg said...

Beautiful cards the backgrounds are gorgeous colours and the perfect foil for the die cut tree and the baubles

Kathleen said...

What a wonderful set of cards...great use of the tree die, gorgeous backgrounds, and I love the little bunnies!

Alison59 said...

Gorgeous cards Emma; love the shape :-)

jimlynn said...

Beautiful cards and I love that older Spellbinders die you used. SO very pretty! Great use of the snippets too.
Lynn

Babs said...

Beautiful backgrounds Emma fab use of dies a gorgeous selection ..
Babs x

Chris said...

Lovely design and shape, love those beautiful inky backgrounds and the shiny baubles, a beautiful set of festive cards.Thanks for joining us at Fab'n' Funky this week.
Chris
x

Jean S said...

They are super Emma, loving the backgrounds, yes we should use our old dies xx

Pam said...

A fabulous set of cards, love the backgrounds and all the different coloured baubles you have made.
Pam x

Denise Fletcher said...

Love this design as its differnt and gives a new take on the Xmas theme! Well done again Emma!
can I have either one of these or e snowman this year pllleeeassseee?!?!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Back with my DT hat on to say Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck
Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

StephW said...

Gorgeous set of cards, love that you've varied each one ... Steph x

Pat said...

Beautiful Christmas card, love the colours, thanks for sharing at Fab’n’Funky.

Pat xx

R's Rue said...

So cute. Love.

Lynda said...

What a great card Emma - and you worked hard with it - so many different elements. I would never have thought of using this tree die in this way - great job. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge :) Lynda DT

Darlene said...

WOW! These are all just fabulous! What a great idea! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DIES R US
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Kirsty said...

What a fabulous selection of cards Emma, love the backgrounds and what a great way to use up all the little leftovers. Beautiful. Hope your having a peaceful week after all your vistors. Big hugs Kirsty. x

gwen70 said...

Fabulous cards Emma, especially love the piky/lilac one.

ALI said...

Fab cards Emma, love the backgrounds x

cass said...

Great design. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our "Christmas" Challenge.

Di said...

Great cards Emma and I adore the SB die you used. Lovely to see you in the Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Gorgeous set of cards Emma....love the bunny one....so cute...Joolsx

laurie said...

SO pretty! Gorgeous backgrounds.Thanks for playing along at Dies R Us!

FridayFeeling said...

Beautiful cards, love the colour variations!

Tanya R. said...

I really like your cards. They caught my eye because I also have that die, but never thought to use it for Christmas cards. I may have to steal that design. Thanks for sharing.

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your awesome Christmas project with us in the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog's November "Anything Christmas Goes" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, MLCCB DT
Love To Scrap 2