Followers

Monday 16 December 2019

Poinsettias

Good Morning everyone, i hope you all had a good weekend.

I bought this plant pot die set for my mums birthday card and after making it i wondered how it would look with poinsettias so this is the outcome.  The pot die folds to make a little pocket and then has a tag that fits inside with flowers on the top - i added a hidden surprise inside my pots too for some fun.  I shall show the version i made for mums birthday in January.


5x6" white cardblank.  I used patterned papers all from the same pad, i matted a bluey tone and striped paper onto gold mirror card and then the base card.  From the pot die set i cut the pot from gold tone paper and then the tag that goes inside from green paper.  I die cut poinsettias from a red tone paper and arranged on the top of the tag, making sure the tag would slide in and out freely - to help this i added foam pads to the sides of the pot pocket.

I then arranged more poinsettias around the pot and some die cut foliage.  I added glitter glue and gold gems to the centres.

and below is the surprise...... whats hiding in the pot?




Oh look at where that cheeky kitty has been hiding😁



Showing the tag completely removed.  You could also add a secret greeting to the back.

A close up on naughty kitty - my cats love helping (hindering) me while crafting so this idea came to me as my mums cat loves helping her garden😁 .  Using tim holtz mini crazy cat stamp and watercoloured with distress oxide inks.  Glossy accents added to her eyes.  Coloured in tones to match the recipients cat. 

Items Used:
Honey bee die - flower pot
Tim Holtz crazy cat mini stamps
flower & foliage dies
MFT curved border/edger die
Basicgrey paper pad 'evergreen'
Oxide inks - cat - candied apple, spiced marmelade, lemonade, black soot
Stickles - diamond

This is my last upload before Christmas so i would like to wish you all 

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR

Thank you for all your support for my blog this year, every visit you make and comment you leave is such an encouragement.  Such lovely new friends Ive made in blogland around the world and thank you to those following me by email, hopefully ive inspired a few of you with my ideas and creations and sometimes odd ideas😁.  Lots of festive hugs to you all. Emmax



Id love to enter the following:
http://cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com/2019/12/challenge-189-anything-goes-christmas.html
*****


http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/12/end-of-year-anything-christmas-goes.html
*****
https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-interactive-christmas/
*****


http://thesisterhoodofcrafters.blogspot.com/2019/12/anything-christmas.html
*****



******
http://diesruschallenge.blogspot.com/2019/12/challenge-135-anything-christmas.html

*****
https://merrylittlechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/2019/12/mlccb-17-december-anything-christmas.html
*****
http://mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/12/challenge-412-christmas-flowers.html
******
http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com/2019/12/challenge-202-designers-choice.html

32 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Thats amazing fabulous creation
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kathleen said...

What a brilliant card, Emma! The little cat popping up is hilarious...a very clever idea.
Joyeux Noël de Bretagne!

Grumpy penguins
Farm animals too,
When I view your blog
I never feel blue!

Birds that are crazy
With feathers so bright,
Snowmen in domes
Fill me with delight.

On giant cupcakes
I feast my eyes,
Three wise camels
Were Christmas surprise!

Your explanations
Teach me so much,
I really admire
Your artistic touch.

As Christmas approaches
Just let me say
Thank you, Emma
For all you display.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

What a fun card! It was great thinking to substitute poinsettias to create a Christmas card, and I love the surprise inside!

Thanks for sharing your Anything Goes Christmas project with us at Cut it Up. Merry Christmas!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Kate Jeffery said...

a brilliant card Emma
Kate x

meg said...

Fabulous card Emma the die cut make beautiful poinsettias love the fun hidden tag

Michelle N. said...

Oh, what a darling card-just love the cheeky kitty! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hi Emma! This is a fantastic creation and the cute little cat pull-out surprise is awesome! I love the way you have created the little still-life scene and added a bit of whimsy! Very nice card! Thanks so very much for sharing it with us at the Cut It Up! Challenge Blog! : )
Rachelle - Design Team @ CIU

jimlynn said...

Amazing and oh how I wish I had your talent! Awesome and so pretty too. Love all the dimension of the flowers and the kitty steals the show. LOVE!
Lynn

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card Emma, love it xx

Pam said...

A beautiful card with a wonderful hidden surprise which has been admired by my family and friends. Good luck with your challenges Emma. Thank you for all your inspiration this year

Merry Christmas
Pam xx

FridayFeeling said...

What a brilliant idea, I love the idea of the cats hiding among the Poinsettias - a great creation!
Hope you have a lovely Christmas & happy & healthy New Year.
Caroline x

Shauna said...

Haha! I was thinking that I was going to comment on this beautiful bouquet and then I saw the fun addition with the kitty. So creative! Thanks for playing at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Jacqui said...

Super card Emma ....Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas and look forward to seeing more of your fantastic creations in the New Year....Jacqui

Pink Rose said...

Wow Emma beautiful cards,you are very clever my friend,well done xx

Kirsty said...

What a stunning card Emma and love the cheeky kitty hiding in the pot, just purrfect. Thank you for sharing your amazing creations with us, hope you and all your family have a fantastic Christmas and a fabulous New Year, look forward to seeing more of your delightful designs in 2020. Love your fabulous poem from Kathleen too, another creative lady. Happy holidays, big hugs Kirsty. xx

StephW said...

Such a wonderful creation to end this year Emma, I was not expecting to see that kitty hiding amongst the flowers! Great idea & design. Wishing you a Merry Christmas & let's hope the New Year is kind to us all ... Steph x

Nataliascraft said...

What a brilliant card Emma, i absolutely love it, fabulous design your mum will love this card. Your cards are so inspiring.
Have a wonderful Christmas and happy new year! xx

Birgit said...

Your potted poinsettias are lovely and the hidden surprise, so fun! Thanks for linking up to the DRU "Christmas" challenge. Merry Christmas to you and best of luck!

Darlene said...

WOW what a fabulous design ... I just LOVE it!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DIES R US
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Thanks for sharing it at the Sisterhood of Crafters too! Great job!

Alison59 said...

How beautiful Emma :-)

Happy Christmas xx

Jean S said...

Absolutely brilliant Emmaxxx

Mrs A. said...

Wow, what a brilliant card. I love , love the surprise in the pot. Happy Christmas wishes to you. Hugs Mrs A.

Arlene said...

I love how you used the flower pot to make a wonderful card with poinsettias. Love the card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Babs said...

Love your beautiful poinsettia card Emma, and what a fab idea to add one of the Crazy Cats to your card, the design is really beautiful..
Merry Christmas to you and yours emma, and thank you for such a fun loving christmas card you sent me, simple love it I just love snowmen..
Hugs Babs x

Deanne Saunders said...

Gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for participating in our MY TIME TO CRAFT challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *Sorry so late commenting! I’ve had a busy couple of months!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Betty said...

Emma,I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card.

Hoping you had a very lovely Christmas and wishing you a very Happy and Healthy New Year.....Betty

Becca Sadler said...

Emma: What a delightfully clever and funny Christmas card you've made! Thanks for including MTTC's Christmas Flowers theme challenge in your link-ups! Becca/DT

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Emma...Beautiful cards....love the puddy cat one....Hope you had a lovely Christmas....and Happy crafty New Year....Joolsx

Kelly Parker said...

Love your card design! thank you for joining the challenge at Winter Wonderland!!

Monica Maier said...

I love the added fun of a "peek-a-boo" element! Thanks for joining us at MLC challenge blog!
Monica- DT
https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card with a wonderful surprise. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K xx

ALI said...

Lovley Emma Look forward to seeing your Moms, every card you make inspires me Emma I love what you do...Keep it up in 2020 x