Followers

Monday 9 December 2019

Glittering Christmas Stars

Morning everyone, i hope you had a lovely weekend, boy was it stormy last night here in Cornwall.

Today im sharing a batch of Christmas cards.  It first involved making backgrounds using alcohol inks on Yupo paper - i had such fun with that and playing with various colours and patterns.  Then part two was die cutting a star wreath in the middle and then some die cut star baubles to finish. 



5x5 white card base.  I first made my backgrounds using Tim Holtz alcohol inks on yupo paper, i also added in a couple of his new pearl range and they are gorgeous.  I then die cut a square of the inky background to fit the cardbase and attached it well to the middle of the card front.  I then die cut my star wreath die in the middle so that it cut completely through the cardfront. As the yupo paper is so thin the die easily cut through that and the 300gsm card front.

I then die cut 2 white circle frames, one for the inside of the star wreath circle and one for the outside to help frame it and draw the eye in.  I then die cut my hanging star die from both silver mirror card and silver glitter card, as its in 2 parts i then partnered up the mirror version with the glitter version, so in this first card i have a glitter outline around my solid mirror star, then for the next card i used the mirror outline with a solid glitter star in the middle. 

Stamped greeting to finish.  I made my inserts from pearlised paper so that it slightly shimmers in the light through the stars.



A close up, you can clearly see my star wreath and all the little appertures it leaves in the card front so that the light shines through.  I only have one hanging star die so had to cut it 3 times per card but it easily fit through my mini machine so not too bad to do sat in front of the tv. 


This shows the 2 cards side by side, the silver glitter solid stars on the left and the mirror one on the right. Blue, purples & pinks.

Different colour version and on these ones i used gold stars again in the glitter card and mirror card.

 Red and gold tones, gold stars. 

I really enjoyed making these ones and just love the vibrant colours of the alcohol inks of yupo paper.

Items Used:
Frantic Stamper star on a string die
Star circle wreath die
Stitched square die
Ranger Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks
Yupo paper
Clearely besotted sentiment stamps
Gold & Silver mirror card & glitter card
5x5 white craftuk Ltd cardblanks

Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you all have a good week. Emmax


Id love to enter the following:


****


*****


*****



*****

https://merrylittlechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/2019/12/mlccb-17-december-anything-christmas.html
*****



24 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful selection of cards
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

meg said...

Beautiful makes Emma, especially love the red and gold tones mostly because I favour traditional colours at Christmas, fabulous backgrounds,and use of dies

ALI said...

Love these Emma, If I can remember them come next year I may borrow your design x

Pink Rose said...

Hi Emma beautiful cards my friend well done xx

jimlynn said...

I'm seeing stars........and Loving each and every one of them too. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards! WOW!
Lynn

gwen70 said...

Stunning cards Emma, I adore mine. xx

StephW said...

Thank you so much for my wonderful version Emma, just love the colourful alcohol ink effect and didn't realise yupo paper was so thin! Steph x

Kathleen said...

More beautiful cards, Emma. I’m sure they must be lovely to see when light catches the glitter and shiny mirror card.

Dawn Phillips said...

Looks like you had lots of fun with your inks. They are very striking. Love Dawn x

sandie said...

These are amazing. The backgrounds are all so vibrant and such a fab mix of colours. Love how you used negative and positive dies-amazing cards. Thanks for joining Time Out

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous cards Emma and love your inky backgrounds.
We had strong winds too last night in Hampshire. Hope you are ok xx

Miriam said...

Wonderful project. Thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts challenge.

Pat K said...

Fabulous backgrounds on these lovely cards Emma. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K xx

Pam said...

Fabulous cards Emma, each and every one different because of the use of alcohol inks. Love the design.
Pam x

Alison59 said...

Super cards Emma; great colours :-)

Jean S said...

Beautiful cards Emma, love all the different colours with the inks xx

Denise Fletcher said...

I like the modern feel to these Xmas cards Emma. Great colours. Must try yupo one of these days xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Emma!

Mrs A. said...

Just playing catch up in between that wretched Elves antics. These are gorgeous . Was loving the mauve and purple till I got to the gold cards which just blew my mind. Hugs Mrs A.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What gorgeous backgrounds! Wonderful card design. Love the stars. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out.

Kirsty said...

Stunning batch of Christmas cards, they are amazing and the one I received is brightening up my living room, thank you. Love the design. Big hugs Kirsty. xx

Evelyn Walter said...

Beautiful cards, Emma! I like them in all the different colors!
Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Country View Challenges this month!
Evelyn

Kelly Parker said...

Love your card design! thank you for joining the challenge at Winter Wonderland!!