Followers

Thursday 6 February 2020

Snowdrops

Good Morning everyone

I had got these snowdrop dies for Christmas and when mum saw them she loved them, having already made her birthday card i decided to make a little picture she can hang on the wall with them.


5x7" approx.  I cut a piece of blue patterned paper for the background and cut a piece of green script card with a curved border to act as the 'grass'. I die cut the jar from white card and lightly inked with tumbled glass distress ink.   I then die cut lots and lots of snowdrops from white card and foliage from left over bits of the script card i used for the grass.

For the snowdrops they do have little pieces that pop out after die cutting, i wanted to keep them in so added a little bit of tape to the back of each snowdrop to hold the pieces in - found it easier to do before popping them out of the die. I then used a green and grey alcohol pen to gently add colour to each snowdrop.  I built them up in my jar with the foliage. 


A close up on the snow drops.  When im die cutting lots of small dies like this my baby blue die cutting machine is ideal.


And a photo of it in its box frame with mount.  Mum and dad both loved it!

Items Used:
Alexandra Renke snowdrop die
Sizzix foliage die
Jam jar die
MFT Curved border die
Patterned papers
Alcohol markers - green & grey
Tumbled glass distress ink
5x7 box frame

Thank you all for stopping by once again. I hope you enjoy the rest of the week and then weekend. Emma




Id love to join in the following:


*****

http://alwaysfunchallenges.blogspot.com/2020/02/challenge-148.html


*****

https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2020/02/hearts-and-flowers-with-hero-arts.html


*****

21 comments:

meg said...

this is so beautiful Emma, your colouring on the snowdrops adds dimension and brings them to life

Sue - said...

That is really beautiful Emma!

Cherie said...

They are enchanting. I love snowdrops and look forward to them appearing every year

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A stunning picture I love snowdrops Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Alison59 said...

How beautiful Emma :-)

Darlene said...

Oh Emma this is gorgeous! Your snowdrops look AMAZING in your vintage looking jar ... well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful plus!!! I know your parents will love this hanging on their wall too. So very lovely!
Lynn

Babs said...

Oh wow Emma , these are my favourite flowers just love snowdrops, what a gorgeous gift for your mum I bet she will just love the card and beautiful picture you have made her, your a very talented lady.have a good weekend.
Babs x

Michelle N. said...

What a wonderful picture, your snowdrops are just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters

Betty said...

Your Mum's picture is just Fabulous Emma....she will love it.

Arlene said...

There must be lots of little cut-outs and the time was well worth making sure you got them all. I'm sure she will love this hanging. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Flowers and Hearts challenge this February.

StephW said...

I so admire your attention to detail as those snowdrops are so lifelike, fabulous piece of work ... Steph x

Denise Fletcher said...

This is so pretty! A lovely die!

Jean S said...

So beautiful Emma I love snowdrops, an I’m sure they would just love it xx

Dawn Phillips said...

That's such a pretty die. You've made a lovely gift with it. Love Dawn x

Kirsty said...

I absolutely adore this Emma, it's gorgeous. What a lovely gift for your mum. Love the beautiful snowdrops. Stay safe in these horrible storms. Big hugs Kirsty. x

ALI said...

Wow Emma that is gorgeous, love the dies x

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a pretty card! I know your mom will really love it as much as I do. Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you can join us again soon.

gwen70 said...

Beautiful Emma bet your mum loved it xx

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely pretty gift idea, thanks for sharing cheers Sue N x