Followers

Monday 10 February 2020

cat suncatcher

Good Morning everyone. 
I hope the storm didn't cause you too much trouble, we did loose the electric for a few hours but otherwise not too bad.

Today is a wire and bead suncatcher.  I was given this lovely handmade cat brooch for Christmas and as im not really a big brooch wearer i decided to make it into a suncatcher so that i can see it daily each time i look out the window.  The brooch is made from polymer clay i think and has a lovely iridescent finish when the light hits it.  Sadly with all our rainy weather can't get a really decent photo of it, you will have to imagine the beads shimmering in the sun😁



Approx size 6x6"  I first took a metal circle dreamcatcher base, this gives me the perfect circle shape to work on and a solid base.  I got wire wrapping with wire in purple & blue to match my cat and beads.  I first tied my brooch to the base with wire tying it onto the brooch back to stabilish the cat in place.  I then just got busy tying in lots of different light catching beads and acrylic leaf beads - i wanted the effect of the cat in the garden as my own cats love spending lots of time in the garden among the plants. 

On the bottom is a large crystal prizm and 2 smaller ones either side so that when the direct sun hits it gives a rainbow effect on the walls.  Ive mixed in many different bead finishes.


A close up on the quirky handmade cat brooch



At the window but not really showing it to its best.  

Items Used
1mm craft wire purple & blue
Crystal prizms
Various glass & acrylic beads
6" metal dreamcatcher hoop

Thank you all for stopping by once again and all your amazing comments on my snowdrops last week. I hope you all have a good week. Hugs Emma

19 comments:

meg said...

you matched the beads to the cat perfectly Emma, love the leaf shaped beads a gorgeous sun-catcher

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous love the rich colours Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Cherie said...

That's pretty Emma. My friend was asking how to make a dream catcher yesterday. It must be the season for crafters.

jimlynn said...

The broach is so cute and unique. LOVE the sun catcher you made using it too. Beautiful and know it's so pretty when the sun hits it.
Lynn

Diane said...

What a stunning sun catcher Emma, how lovely it must look with the sun shinning on it.

Hugs Diane

ALI said...

Beautiful, love the colours x

Dawn Phillips said...

Wow that's gorgeous. Such a brilliant setting for the broach. Love Dawn x

Jean S said...

This is so lovely Emma, beads great match for broach, enjoy esp
when we get a bit of sun xx

Babs said...

You have turned your broach into a gorgeous Sun catcher Emma with all those beautiful coloured beads I bet they look ever so pretty when the sun catches them ..
Babs x

pinkclover.cards said...

A gorgeous sun catcher Emma - the colours are beautiful.
Fatima x

gwen70 said...

Stunning suncatcher Emma

Fiona said...

Stunning - I love the cat in the middle too - yes we suffered with the power going off but thankfully no floods or trees down.

Alison59 said...

WOW Emma, what a stunning project :-)

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Emma ... just love your little wire and bead sun catcher and I can imagine it will look amazing with the sun coming through the window well done we are safe from that horrid storm but another one is on the way :( we did not loose our lecky but were talking about the power cuts we used to have in the early days of our marriage ... used to love it actually very romantic and valentines day is coming up lol ... hope all is well ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

StephW said...

Such a gorgeous & creative way to display your lovely cat brooch ... the colours are stunning, fabulous work ... Steph x

Mrs A. said...

What a brilliant way to use the cat brooch to such advantage. Your dream catcher looks lovely. I have a lot of those glass leaves in my stash too. Hugs Mrs A.

Kirsty said...

Fabulous project Emma, love the broach and what you've done with it, great idea. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Bem sun my wayautiful project Emma....love the colours....can you send some sun my way...wet and windy here in Essex...Joolsx

Kate Jeffery said...

a gorgeous sun catcher Emma
Kate x