Followers

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Elephant birthday

Good Morning everyone.  

Todays card was made for a friend who loves elephants.  Another new paperartsy zinkski art stamp - i know i got really spoilt at christmas with crafty stash😊


Approx size 7x7.5"  I stamped the elephant twice onto white card and simply watercoloured with grey distress ink and lilac & pistachio oxide inks.  The first one i die cut into a hexagon, doodled in some ground & coloured that & the leaves green.  I cut the head off the 2nd one (promise it didn't hurt her), gently curved and decoupaged on top of the first one.  I added glossy accents to the eye.

I created the card blank from white card, matted my elephant onto purple pearl card and the die cut a hexagon frame which i mounted with foam tape after stamping the sentiment in place.  I coloured some scraps of card with the lilac and lime inks and die cut a little flower and leaves.  Grey gems to finish.




Just a close up on my elephant. 

Items Used:
Paperartsy zinski art stamps
Sentiment stamps
XL Stitched hexagon dies
Flower & leaf dies
Distress ink - hicory smoke, twisted citron
Distress Oxide inks - shaded lilac, cracked pistachio
CraftUK white linen cardstock

Thank you for stopping by once again and waving a big hello to all my follows by email.  I hope you are all keeping safe and doing ok.  Hugs Emmaxx



14 comments:

gwen70 said...

Absolutely wonderful card, such a gorgeous image xx

meg said...

Love this stamp Emma it made me smile great layout and colours

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

a beautiful card Beautiful card
Stay safe Ginny ♥

Babs said...

Your creation Is stunning Emma love the shape of your card the colours you have chosen really work well , your friend will treasure this for ever.
Babs x

pinkclover.cards said...

Great card Emma - love the colours you've used.
Fatima xx

Kate Jeffery said...

a wonderful card Emma
Kate x

Diane said...

Wow, fabulous shape, color and love the fabulous elephant.

Hugs Diane

jimlynn said...

Darling card and I love all the dimension!!! Precious!
Lynn

Alison59 said...

I love your heffalump Emma; super card :-)

ALI said...

Gorgeous, I love the elephant x

StephW said...

Oh how adorable is your elephant ... fab shape & colours too! Steph x

Jenny said...

Such a beautiful card, love the elephant and colour. Thank you for your Fab Easter card Emma. Jenny

Kirsty said...

This is gorgeous Emma, love the elephant stamp, so cute and another great design. Take care, big hugs Kirsty. x

Dawn Phillips said...

What a really cute elephant. You've done a stunning job with it. Love Dawn x