Followers

Saturday 11 April 2020

Happy Easter

Good Morning everyone.  

Today im sharing some very inky stamped scene cards using Lavinia stamps.  My scene continues onto the back of these cards, so you can flip the scene on your mantlepiece😀



These are small but mighty! Approx 5.5x3.5" . Using my old sue wilson die set, i cut the largest die from white card adding the lacy insert piece, i then folded this in half as my cardbase.  I cut the largest plain one from gold pearl paper and this became my insert.

Raiding my ready inked backgrounds i dug out some suitable ones - this one was oxide ink background, i then die cut them with the smallest die to match my cardbase.  I then got stencilling with oxide inks and stamping my little scenes, this time with the fabulous hares - love these guys, also the fab dandelion stamp which is stamped in green archival ink. I doodled in some ground for them to stand on and added shadow with grey alcohol markers. Stamped greeting.

I then folded this panel in half and cut down the middle, i then stuck on my card base front and back.  Cutting it in half just meant it was less bulky in the middle and my card folded nicely.  A few light touches of glitter glue to finish. 


And the back of this card.

And this shows both front and back 

***

version 2 is using fab hedgehog stamps from Lavinia - i do love spring when 'my' hedgehogs wake up, i have 2 coming to eat each night at the moment.  The detail in these lavinia stamps is amazing really.

This was a brusho background and i added more subtle stenciling, on this one i also stamped another lavinia foliage stamp in the background in soft grey.  



and the back of the card

again showing front and back


and this shows the card stood up, usually i cut inserts smaller than the card base but in this case i wanted the gold pearl to show through the lacy cut outs on the card front.

Items Used:
Sue Wilson die set 'noble'
Lavinia stamps - hares, hedgehogs, dandelion, 
Sentiment stamp
Stencils
Oxide inks
CraftUk ltd smooth white card
Payper box gold pearl paper
Ranger diamond stickles 

Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you are all enjoying the Easter weekend as much as is possible.  Stay safe.  Hugs Emmax


***

Id love to enter the following:

https://2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com/2020/04/challenge-37-sponsored-by-digi-doodle.html


*****
https://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.com/2020/04/april-2020-animal-magic.html

*****

http://craftyanimals.blogspot.com/2020/04/challenge-37.html


*****

http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com/2020/04/challenge-206-easterspring.html

*****
https://artydivaschallenge.blogspot.com/2020/04/challenge-19.html



20 comments:

meg said...

These are beautiful Emma a great layout and idea to have a full size image both front and back.Love your backgrounds and stamping

Susanne said...

Gorgeous card Emma �� Like the idea how it is fold. Lovely colors.

Kirsty said...

Morning Emma, Happy Easter to you, gorgeous cards, mine is beautiful and taking pride of place on my mantelpiece. Love the hedgehog one too. Great idea and design. Take care, stay safe and enjoy the sunshine. Big hugs Kirsty. xx

Cherie said...

Happy Easter Emma. I hope you are keeping safe during these worrying times. I love the little 'moon gazing hare' Tony is in the middle of carving one and if he ever gets it finished it will take pride of place

gwen70 said...

2 beautiful cards Emma, I love mine xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card Stay safe Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

Alison59 said...

What gorgeous cards Emma :-)

Happy Easter xx

Jo said...

Two gorgeous cards Emma, especially love the hedgehog one x

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
think my fav is the hedgehog one
Kate x

Dawn Phillips said...

That's an original idea. I do like that you can change them from back to front. They are lovely. Love Dawn x

Diane said...

Just fabulous colors, backgrounds and designs. Love the way they fold.

Hugs daine

ALI said...

These are stunning Emma, love how yoy have made the base card and you'll always please me with an inky background x
Take care!

Billie A said...

Awesome pretty card. I like the images and the background. So glad you shared over at Crafty Gals corner.

Jean S said...

Love them ��xx

Couldn’t get on here again Emma �� hope it’ll work today x

Babs said...

Awe Emma these stamps are beautiful and your creations are gorgeous fab shape card and the gold card showing through looks really lovely,
Hope your keeping well
Babs x

Corrie Herriman said...

What a great idea ! Thank you so much for playing along with my 'Animal Magic' challenge over at Country View Challenges.
Corrie x

Denise Fletcher said...

Aah they are both lovely Emma! Love the scenes you have created!

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Oh my goodness, your cards are delightful, I love them! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

Hugs, Zowie xx

Arty Divas DT

Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}

Lisa J said...

Two lovely cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

Miriam said...

Fabulous project - thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts Challenge.