Followers

Monday 27 April 2020

Ladybird heart

Good Morning Everyone.

Thank you for your amazing comments on my Giant Ladybird card.  This ladybird heart came about as i couldn't waste all the little off cuts from my giant one so i turned my red mirri into little ladybirds(or ladybugs - not sure why we call them ladybirds here in the UK).  Then wondering how to use them i got asked to make a non traditional anniversary card - so a ladybird heart was born.  Sadly the photos don't show the mirror card at its best. 



7x7" scalloped cardbase.  On a white panel of card i lightly drew around a heart die with a pencil so i had the shape to follow.  I then stamped my sentiment in the middle. I then arranged my ladybirds around the heart.  I filled in the little gaps using all the little 'holes' that fell out of the die cut ladybirds as they look like little gems. I added one in each of the corners too.  3 black flower gems to embellished.  I then mounted this panel onto more of the red mirror card, black and then the base card. 


A close up, you can see the colour a bit better.  I do love alcohol inks on mirror card😁 The sentiment stamp came free with a magazine years ago.

Items Used:
Elizabeth Crafts Ladybird dies
Sentiment stamp
Tim Holtz alcohol inks
Gold mirror card
Payper box bloack card
CraftUk ltd 7x7 scalloped card blank

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you all have a good week & stay safe. Emmax


18 comments:

meg said...

fabulous card for a ruby wedding especially Emma love the heart shape you created with the ladybirds(think that's a nicer description than ladybug)

Kirsty said...

Morning Emma, what a beautiful card and brilliant way to use up your spare mirri card, even using up the extra dots, perfect. Hope your keeping well, stay safe, big hugs Kirsty. x

Alison59 said...

Oh WOW Emma; your talents are endless. What a great idea :-)

gwen70 said...

Absolutely stunning Emma, love it xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

I like this very pretty gorgeous card Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

jimlynn said...

I loved the giant ladybug - but am loving all the smaller ones too!! CUTE idea and a beautiful anniversary card. Love the mirror shine.
Lynn

Nataliascraft said...

What a gorgeous anniversary card Emma, wonderful design xx

Diane said...

Your ladybugs are just fabulous Emma.

Hugs Diane

StephW said...

Wonderful use of your scrapes to make a whole new card! So cute ... Steph x

Jean S said...

An other fab card Emma I love ladybirds , what a great idea and design xx

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet cards, perfect, thanks for sharing cheers Sue N x

Jenny D said...

Stunning Anniversary card, just love it! Jenny x

Babs said...

Oh Emma this is simply gorgeous and what a beautiful image the colours are beautiful and I just love the ladybird s . Hope you are keeping well and safe.
Babs x

ALI said...

Lovely card and a great use of your wastage mirror cards.

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

Denise Fletcher said...

Ooh I love these little ladybirds Emma!

Dawn Phillips said...

This is so creative. I love that you even used the holes. Very thrifty. Love Dawn x

Cherie said...

Oh wow, that is beautiful Emma. I can just imagine how much nicer it looks in the flesh.