Followers

Monday 15 June 2020

Fathers Day

                               Good Morning everyone, i hope you had a good weekend.

Today im sharing the card Ive made for my dad for Fathers Day.  It gets harder each time to come up with something different for him after 15yrs of making them.  After seeing these crow stamps from Lavinia i had the idea.  He has a little family of crows that are friendly with him, whenever he is out in the yard working they are there and he feeds them too....they have little 'chats'๐Ÿ˜‚  So i went with a full on nature theme which is always suitable for a farmer as he is at one with nature๐Ÿ˜



8x8" card.  I first downloaded and printed onto card a leaf shape from the internet, i then carefully with craft knife cut the leaf out - making sure to leave the outside in tact as thats the piece i needed for a mask.  Using re-positional glue spray i sprayed the back of the 'negative' piece and attached to a piece of white cardstock.  I then damped the inside section where my leaf was with plain water and sprinkled on brushos in shades of green.  Allow to dry completely.
I then added some light stencilling with oxide inks.  Stamped lots of foliage with oxide inks and grey archival ink.  I then removed my mask - make sure its completely dry before removing the mask or it may tear......yes that was my 1st take๐Ÿ˜.

I worked out where i wanted the crows and using my stamp press stamped them in black archival ink, i overstamped a few times to get a really nice black image.  I then doodled in a branch for them to sit on and stamped some leaves on the branch.  i doodled in a little spider hanging from the leaf.  I then stamped my sentiment, caterpillar, hedgehog & dragonflies in black.  I splashed some oxide inks of the background to soften all the white.

I then added a shadow around my leaf using grey alcohol pens. To finish i mounted onto black card and then my base card and rounded all the corners with my crop'o'dile.


Just a close up.
I like using brusho's for the base layer of colour as you cant reactivate it so I don't end up with a muddy mess of inks ๐Ÿ˜


I always try and add a little detail to the back of the card too, so added a little panel using the same brusho's/inks/stamps and another little hedgehog to finish.  I did the same to my insert but forgot to take a photo of that.  


Items Used:
Lavinia Stamps - crows, hedgehogs, insects, caterpillar
Foliage stamps - magazine freebie
Justrite sentiment stamp
Various stencils
Brushos - sea green, turquoise, lime
Oxide inks -  peacock, salted ocean, evergreen
Archival inks - black, grey, colbalt


Thank you all for stopping by once again. I hope its a good week for you all. Hugs Emmax



Id love to enter the following:

***

***

***

***

***





26 comments:

Alison59 said...

Oh WOW Emma, this is stunning; so effective :-)

meg said...

Your dad will love this Emma beautiful colours composition and his crow friends, looks perfect for him

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

What a wonderful card for your dad, he will love it xx

jimlynn said...

Those birds just pop against that beautiful green background! LOVELY!!!
Lynn

Diane said...

Gorgeous colors and design Emma.

Hugs Diane

Jean S said...

I’m sure he will be tickled pink with this one Emma, love how you done brushos and colours , brill xx

Carole Pollard said...

The colouring and colours on that leaf ar3 stunning a very striking design Love and hugs Carole x

Kirsty said...

This is stunning Emma, I just love the effect of the leaf and all the details you have added. Your such a talented lady, your Dad is going to love it. Big hugs Kirsty. x

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Emma ... love your father-in-laws card ... it must have taken you ages and is a super man/farmer ... I love all the little birds and love the little hedgie on the back too ... well done hope you are well and staying safe ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

Nozomi said...

OMG! This is fantastic, Emma. My father-in-law would love this card! I absolutely love how the main design is contained within the leaf! It feels like everything has come together perfectly in this card.

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

This is a fabulous card you've created for your dad Emma. Love the background and design

Thank you for joining our 'Things With Wings' Challenge at Moving Along With The Times. Good luck with your entry

June/DT

ALI said...

Emma this is stunning your dad will love it and it deserves to be framed! x

Jenny D said...

Brilliant card for you Dad, love all the extra details especially the little hedgehog! Jenny x

Babs said...

This is a beautiful card Emma a absolutely fab design , being a animal lover myself I just love your stamps especially the hedgehogs, , your dad is going to love this..
Babs x

Denise Fletcher said...

Well done Emma! Nice one!

StephW said...

Your leaf looks like it's floating off the card! Fabulous depth you've achieved, love it! Steph x

Dawn Phillips said...

What a brilliant idea. I love this. Love Dawn x

My name is Erika. said...

I just LOVE how you used the big leaf and stamped in it. This is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing this with us at Try It On Tuesday. Hope all is well with you. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

A fabulous card, for your father, he will love it I'm sure. You created a wonderful scene. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Nataliascraft said...

What a brilliant card Emma, love the techniques you used for the leaf, gorgeous design xx

rachel said...

I love this Emma - a real feel of summer fields and so beautifully done - thankyou for entering the challenge at Countryview Challenges this month and good luck in the draw! Hugs Rachel xx

Sue said...

This is really lovely Emma, fabulous techniques and wonderful stamping. I love how you've decorated the back of the card too. I quite agree, Father's Day cards are getting more difficult, but they're worth it! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a great weekend, Sue xx

Evelyn Walter said...

This card is absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous stamping - the Lavinia stamps are so pretty!
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts this month!
Evelyn xx

Sandy said...

Fab card. Love the crows. Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too Challenge this month
Hugs, Sandy DT