Followers

Monday 22 June 2020

Down on the Farm


Good Morning everyone.  
Thank you for your amazing comments on my crow leaf card last week.

Today im sharing a mixed media piece i made for my dad for Father's day.  Its using those fab katzelkraft farm animal stamps again and a view into the barn on the farm.  I started with a cheap plastic white frame which i made more barn like with lots of paints and mediums.

I removed the glass and lightly sanded the white plastic frame to give it a key and coated with gesso.  I added touches of texture paste here and there around the outside, i then sponged on black, copper, brown, blue & green paints, once completely dry i vanished it.

I took a piece of wood grain paper big enough for the inside of the frame, i stencilled on some stars using the copper paint i used on the frame.  I then stamped my animals and coloured with inktense pencils in bright colours, and then fussy cut them out, glossy accents on their eyes. 


Here we have a conference - Mr Cockerel is this weeks speaker.
I added a little bit of copper wire behind, reindeer moss on the floor to act like straw.  My animals were all added with glue gel, adding more on the pig to bring him right to the front. 

This is the Cow Choir - Mr duck isn't impressed😁


Mr Donkey, a giant spider and cobweb in the background with a horseshoe (or donkeyshoe).  The horseshoe was silver so i added black acrylic paint and buffed some off to age it more.  My cobweb and spider were cut from black card and silver paint lightly dabbed on.


In the wood shed where the rabbit is hiding out.  Mini logs layered up.  I added some mini tools to the back with a metal brad and a couple more just left on the wood.  Again i added black paint and wiped off the tools to age them.


This shows the frame before - it came from poundland

Items Used:
Katzelkraft farm animal stamps
Cobweb & spider die
Star stencil
Woodgrain 12x12  paper
Derwent inktense pencils
Reindeer moss & Mini logs - Anna-marie designs
Mini tool charms

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you all have a good week.  Hugs Emmax



Id love to enter the following:

***

***

***

***


***






19 comments:

gwen70 said...

Wow this is amazing, no end to your talents xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

what a fantastic project and lovely and colourful. Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

Alison59 said...

OMG Emma, who would have thought that a plain box frame could turn into a wonderful work of art. You have such an vibrant imagination and your artistic skill are amazing. Well done :-)

meg said...

Absolutely stunning Emma a wonderful father's day gift,wouldn't it be great fun if the farm animals really looked as bright and cheery as this

StephW said...

Wow wow Wow! What an amazing 3D project Emma ... looks like Mr Cockerel is ruling the roost over the other animals, love the bright colours & definitely brings lots of smiles just looking at them all! Steph x

jimlynn said...

I"m almost speechless!!!! SO much fun and so amazing. I love each little cubby hole with all those fun stamps. Know your dad loved it too. So creative and fun!! LOVE!
Lynn

Diane said...

Absolutely adorable Emma, its makes a super cute shadow box display.

Hugs Diane

Jenny D said...

What an amazing project, love the barn and all the animals. All the extra details like the spiderweb and the tools bring the barn to life. Your Dad must be so over the moon with his gift. Jenny D

Nozomi Design said...

Wow, so creative, as usual! The katzelkraft stamps are really cute but it's the barn that makes this really special!

ALI said...

WOW WOW WOW I agree with Alison59! :)

JanR said...

Wowzers!! This is so cool! I love all the detail that went into it. What an amazing gift for your dad! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Kirsty said...

OMG Emma another brilliant project, can't believe what you can make from such a basic item. I wish I had an ounce of your creativity!! I absolutely love it and I bet your Dad did too. FANTASTIC. Big hugs Kirsty. xxx

Rachelle Oltean said...

WOW - this is such a fun and amazing project! I love all of the details and the Katzelkraft animals were the prefect choice to create this comedic country scene! Wonderful!
Rachelle : )

Denise Fletcher said...

Wow Emma this is amazing! Must've taken ages! Just love those kooky animals! What was your Dads response?

Kate Jeffery said...

an amazing project Emma
Kate x

Jean S said...

Brilliant such a lot to look at and make you smile I sure he loved it xx

NanaConnie said...

Emma, What a fantastic collection of critters you managed to corral! Love the use of the shadow box. It's delightful to see you playing in our "Anything Goes with a Critter" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

denise said...

Oh wow! What a fantastic card! All these funny animals. Love it! Thanks for playing along with challenge up your life!
Denise DT

Babs said...

OMG emma this is absolutely stunning, these animals are just so adorable , and the colours are so yummy , love this shadow box so much.
Babs x