Followers

Monday 6 July 2020

The 3 Flamingos


Good Morning everyone, i hope you had a good weekend.

Today is another card using that fab katzelkraft flamingo stamp.  Ive teamed her up with some acetate scraps that i die cut into circles  - I thought they looked like bubbles - water bubbles which made me think of the sea so i coloured them blues and green like the sea with alcohol inks, so then did i go with under the sea or on the sea - then i saw my flamingo so its a day at the beach paddling their feet, so you need some sunshine too😀 - thats why i love crafting we all have a different style.


4.5x5.5 card base.  I stamped the flamingo, watercoloured with distress inks and cut out, i had originally planned to use one flamingo but she looked lost so did another 2, after colouring them with distress inks realised id coloured the first one with oxide inks but went with it as I thought it helped each one look different.

I die cut a scalloped white frame from white linen card, on the middle panel that falls out i splashed on green & blue inks to pick up on the colours i used on my acetate, i then arranged my acetate bubbles, i used 3 sizes of circles. I glued them down with the inked side facing in.  I added the frame with foam tape.  I then attached my flamingos with glue gel.  I die cut a sun inked yellow and stamped smile, just a little glitter glue highlight on the flamingos to finish. 


Just a close up, i added glossy accents to their eyes


You can see the shine on the acetate better here, you can also see clearly that i dry embossed them after colouring with alcohol inks with a bubble embossing folder - the acetate embossed lovely and deep.
Sun, water bubbles & flamingos so a lovely day at the beach😀 not all beaches have golden sands and here in Cornwall we have several that don't even have sand but they are just as beautifulx

Items Used:
Katzelkraft flamingo stamp
Smile sentiment stamp
Scalloped frame die
MFT sun die
Spellbinders circle dies
Acetate
Tim Holtz alcohol inks
Distress inks - picked raspberry, seedless preserves
Distress Oxides - picked raspberry, wilted violet, cracked pistachio, amber. twisted citron, blueprint
Ranger stickles - diamond
CraftUK ltd white linen card

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you are all doing ok, im getting fed up with it all now, im just hoping the August date for relaxation for us shielding isn't pushed back - thank goodness for crafting!  Anyway i hope you all have a good week, stay safe. Hugs Emmax


Id love to enter the following:


***

***


***

***

***




23 comments:

Babs said...

Oh Emma what a gorgeous fun card, there faces are hilarious and what beautiful colours you have chosen , love the idea of the acetate to add more colour , this really made me smile , I love it.
Babs x

gwen70 said...

Simply fabulous Emma, love the stamps xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Such a beautiful and colourful card Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Fabulous fun images and colours love your layout and the acetate circles as a background

brenda said...

Such a fun card again Emma and totally love the bright and vibrant colours, many thanks for joining in with our 'All Creatures Great and Small' theme at Stamping Sensations.

Also go the OK to stop shielding in August although got the the point I'm not certain I want go far at the moment.

B x

Alison59 said...

Oh what a super card Emma. Fab colouring. They look like a pop group from the 70's :-) Now I'm singing from the 3 Degrees 🤣

Jean S said...

Well this dose make you smile Emma, loving the background bubbles ��xx

Lynne K said...

A fun and fabulous card! Love it! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Jenny D said...

Brilliant card, love the flamingos, the background and vibrant colours. Jenny x

StephW said...

Definitely brings a smile seeing these gorgeous bright flamingos, wonderful card! Steph x

ALI said...

Another gorgeous funky card Emma!

Di said...

In a word - GLORIOUS! I love this fun card Emma - really made me smile here.

Hugs

Di xx

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous card Emma, love those fab flamingos, great use of the acetate. Brilliant, big hugs Kirsty. x

Diane said...

Oh Emma what a gorgeous fun bird design.

Hugs Diane

Debbie said...

Bold and colourful I love it x Debbie

Diane Louise J said...

Hello... Thanks for sharing your lovely flamingos card with us at MAWTT.

Diane Louise
(Team Leader, Moving Along With The Times) x

Karen Page said...

Emma, I am totally loving your flamboyant flamingos!!! And I love that they are bedazzled in glitter glue and glossy accents, as any fashionable flamingo would tell you that is the only way to go! LOL Super cute card! Thank you so much for sharing this with us and I hope you'll come back and play along again soon!
~Karen, DT Member for 2 Crafty Critter Crazies
Blog: MisplacedMojo.com

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Emma....love the images....such a fun card.....Joolsx

Lori Turner said...

Thank you for playing with us over at Krafty Chicks Challenge...wonderful card!

Nataliascraft said...

Stunning card, love it xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Fabulous fun design for your card Emma

Thank you for joining our 'On The Beach' Challenge at Moving Along With The Times. Good luck with your entry

June / DT

Kate Jeffery said...

a gorgeous card Emma
Kate x

Carole said...

Super creation, thanks for playing along with our On The Beach challenge @ MAWTT this month. Good Luck 
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx