Followers

Monday 29 June 2020

In the garden


Good Morning everyone, i hope you had a good weekend - boy did it rain!


DL card (approx 4x8")  I cut a scalloped edge (yep its not very even/straight - i blame the heat when making it😀) I then got stamping with my paperartsy flower stamps & carabelle Zinouk in the garden to create a scene.  I added a little water colour and doodled in some ground for them to stand on.  I wanted the middle sunflower to have a longer stem to when i stamped it i didn't ink the very end of the stem so i then took a fine liner pen to extend it to make a nice tall sunflower.  I stamped some dragonflies.  
I splashed some of the inks i used to colour my images onto the background too - i know im doing that alot at the moment but for me personally it just softens all the white without having too busy a background.

I then stamped the flower heads and zinouk onto white card, i then watercoloured the heads with wink of stella pens so they have a lovely shimmer.  I then cut the coloured flower heads out, using a craft knife to cut around the inside design part, i then used glue gel to decoupage them over the ones on the main panel.

I cut Zinouk out and left her uncoloured so she stands out in a bright colourful garden, i gently curved her to add shape and attached with glue gel.  I did give her more of a smile with a fine liner pen as she is a bit moody otherwise😀

You can see the depth on my flowers better here, i added a piece of paper similar colours to those on the front to the inside after cutting it with the scalloped edge die.

Items Used:
Paperartsy stamps Zinskiart ZA38
Carabelle Stamps SA60158 'Zinouk du jardin'
Lavinia dragonfly stamps
Clearly besotted sentiment stamp
MFT scalloped edge die
Wink of stella pens
CraftUK smooth white card
Ombre pattern paper

Thank you for all stopping by once again.  I hope its a good week for you. Hugs Emmax

Id love to enter the following:




19 comments:

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card Emma, so colourful xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful card Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

Alison59 said...

Super card Emma; love the deckled edge :-)

meg said...

love the shape of your card Emma, perfect for the fun floral arrangement

Kate Jeffery said...

fabulous card Emma
Kate x

Jean S said...

An other brill creation !! Xx

Nancy said...

What an innovative shaped card! I love it! Gald we got a peek at the inside too! Love the dimension you have on the front as well. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Nozomi said...

Just the right amount of colour - I love the abstract design!

Diane said...

Love the shape and what a super fun image.

Hugs Diane

jimlynn said...

Everything looks straight to me and I LOVE your card! I always know I'm going to smile when I come here and see what you've created and today is no exception. Love your card!
Lynn

Jean S said...

An other brill creation Emma xx

Hayley's handmade cards said...

This is a fantastic card! thank you so much for sharing with us at creative fingers challenge blog. Hayley, DT member x

Carole Pollard said...

Lovin* this pretty design and great shape lovely Love and hugs Carole x

Nataliascraft said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the flowers.
We had lots of rain and its raining today xx

ALI said...

Fantastic card Emma, love the fun stamps x

StephW said...

Fab & funky but also pretty too! Steph x

Babs said...

Gorgeous and fun with fab images .
Hope your doing ok
Babs x

Jenny D said...

Love this card Emma, especially the colourful scene you have created and the shape. Jenny x

Kirsty said...

Fab card Emma, love the zany scene and funky flowers. Take care, big hugs Kirsty. x