Followers

Thursday 27 August 2020

Thank you Poppies

Good Morning everyone.

I hope the storm hasn't caused you too much trouble this week - its certainly been good crafting weather this week.

Today im sharing a couple of thank you cards to send to people who spoilt me with a birthday present.  I stamps i used in the background were one such present. 

5x5 cardbase - i rounded 3 corners - just for a quirky touch. I took a previously inked sheet of card -  blue shades of distress inks, cut to size and got stamping with the grungy stamps using various shades of colorbox inks.  I stamped my sentiment in black to stand out.  I had the curved borders left from another project so used them as the ground for my poppy.  I then die cut the poppy & butterflies from mirror card that has been inked with alcohol inks - this one wild plum & twilight.  

Dots of glitter to finish.  I don't 'do' loose glitter so have always used rangers stickles glitter glues, but thought i would try cosmic shimmer biodegradable glitter glue but im sad to say im not overly keen on them, its not as smooth and very lumpy and not alot of sparkle either and also it doesn't dry hard like stickles so that if you put something on top it squashes - which i found after placing a few cards on top of each other. 


Version 2 is using gold mirror card inked with red pepper, yellow & watermelon alcohol inks
I love using alcohol inks on mirror card - and its amazing the difference of using them colour inks on gold & silver mirror card - you still get the shine come through.

Items Used:
Grunge stamps?
Sentiment stamp - magazine freebie
MFT stitched edge die
Pennyblack poppy die
Patterned paper
Gold Mirror card
Tim Holtz alcohol inks
Cosmic Shimmer twinkles

Thank you all for stopping by once again.


Id love to enter the following:
***


***





 

16 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful backgrounds and stamping, the star of the show is the inked mirror card poppies, they have a stunning shimmer

Alison59 said...

Oh WOW Emma what super works of art :-)

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Two very beautiful cards Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

Nataliascraft said...

Two gorgeous cards Emma and fabulous designs.
Hope yo had a wonderful birthday xx

StephW said...

Love your grungy background and alcohol inked poppies ... great way to customise mirror card and get some bespoke colour & shine! Steph x

Diane said...

Wow two stunning designs Emma.

Hugs diane

Cindy C. said...

Both so pretty!! Thanks for playing along our August challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Dawn Phillips said...

These are so lovely. Love Dawn x

ALI said...

Two fab cards the shimmer is gorgeous x

Kirsty said...

Beautiful cards and designs Emma, love your grungy backgrounds. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Mrs A. said...

The mirror card looks fabulous. I must give that a try. I never use loose glitter either. Much too messy.I prefer to use the glitter card. Hugs Mrs A.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous cards, I love the backgrounds! The shine on the flowers and butterflies is fantastic! I don't use glitter either, although have a box with glitters in I much prefer Stickles or similar products! I will be looking out my mirror card though, having seen these! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday,Chrisx

Arlene said...

I will have to try using alcohol inks on mirror card as the effect is beautiful. I love both cards and so glad you joined us for our “All About the Flowers” August challenge at Die Cut Divas https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic project, thanks for joining us at TIOT, much appreciated. Have a good week! Valerie

Nozomi said...

Good to know about the glitter glue. Both cards look amazing, though. Absolutely love what you have done with the gold mirror card - what a fantastic effect!