Followers

Monday 31 August 2020

Lots of triangles

Good Morning everyone, i hope you are enjoying the bank holiday if here in the UK.

Today is a couple of birthday cards, i made the background with lots of altenew triangle dies overlayed on one of my marbled backgrounds - looking back ive used the triangles alot with my marbled backgrounds - it makes a not perfect background look different - i still have several of my marbled backgrounds from when i had a day making them...see here


6x5.5 cardbase.  I first die cut alot of the overlay triangles from black card - ideal for all those little snippets left over - my little mini die cutter is perfect for a job like this as i can use it on a laptray in front of the tv.  I cut my background to size & I then got arranging my triangles.  I mounted the panel onto black and then the base card.  I die cut the birthday from the same marbled paper and layered onto black and white card.  I die cut a flower in pearl pink/purple picking up on the streak of pinky/purple in the marbling. Die cut foliage in white and a gem for the flower centre to finish. 

A close up showing my marbled background a bit better.

and version 2 was using white triangles & a vibrant blue background made using brushos & pixie powders.  Mounted onto gold glitter card and a orange flower - die cut from snippets of card coloured with pixie powders so it really shimmers in the light.  I love these leafy swirls from spellbinders - had them years but they are a nightmare to get out of the die even using both a tumble dryer sheet & waxed paper together so i rarely use them sadly.

Items Used:
Altenew Shattered Triangle die set
Birthday sentiment die
Spellbinders circle dies
Spellbinders romantic vines
Flower die
White & Black card
Gold glitter card - B&M

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you all enjoy your Bank holiday if not working.   Hugs Emmaxx


Id love to enter the following:


***




 

14 comments:

Alison59 said...

What super cards Emma; I love your marbled backings :-)

meg said...

Love the backgrounds you can see through these great triangles, the shades of colour are beautiful and the perfect foil for the sentiment and floral embellishments

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Two stunning cards, fantastic dies Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

Sarn said...

Two lovely snippets cards.
Hugs, Sarn
Stamping For Pleasure

ALI said...

Gorgeous cards Emma, I really like the die!

Di said...

What lovely cards Emma! It's a super way to use up black snippets - and like you, I love my mini die cutting machine!

Hugs

Di xx

Dawn Phillips said...

Ooh, Lovely. I've got that die set. I may have to try this. Thanks for the inspiration. Love Dawn x

Jean S said...

Two super cards loving the backgrounds, I remember trying this when you showed the marbling and how you done it
It was good fun, I think I may have a couple I done InThe drawer I forgotten about...xxx

gwen70 said...

Gorgeous cards Emma xx

Nozomi said...

These are gorgeous. I especially love the colours in the first one. You're right, you can change the way a background looks with overlays.In this case, though, I think your backgrounds were already lovely. Actually, with the way the flower and sentiment were positioned, I initially thought the background was hand painted flowers!

StephW said...

I love a geometric design as you can see so many different patterns & perfect over your b/grounds. Fab in each colourway ... Steph x

Diane said...

Wonderful colors, die cuts and designs Emma.

Hugs Diane

Kirsty said...

Two gorgeous cards Emma, great effect with the triangle dies over the background card. I bet you have little triangles everywhere now!!! Big hugs Kirsty. xx