Followers

Thursday 3 September 2020

In the mood for dancing

Good Morning everyone, i hope you are having a good week.  An interesting week for all of you who have children going back to school - i hope its going well.

Todays card is another fold back DL (slimline) After making an 8x8" card from a sheet of A3 i have a DL size left which is quite good.   


Card approx 4x8" , i folded the front of the card back on itself -  I like doing that at the moment as it gives me more room to build a scene. I covered with a soft pastel cloud effect paper &  die cut both end edges with a scalloped edge die.  I then mixed some white mica powder in with a clear medium and put through a cow print stencil onto the background - you can see the mica more when the light hits it.....im trying to find ways to use all the pots of mica i collected many years ago and this seems to work quite well.
I stamped my cows and coloured with inktense pencils and then cut them out.  I stamped the quote and cut it up, i cut some curved borders from a green paper to use as grass and i then arranged them all on my base. I doodled in a little grass under my cows and a few glitter and glossy accent highlights to finish.

Showing how the rest of my scene carries on behind the front panel

 
just a close up, you can see the glossy mica stencilling behind my cow




and showing what it looks like from above

Items Used:
Paperartsy Zinskiart stamps (cows) ZA42
MFT scalloped edge dies & curved edge dies
Patterned papers
Cow print stencil ( or leopard😁)
Clear gloss medium
White mica powder
Derwent Inktense pencils
Diamond Stickles
Glossy accents

 Thank you for stopping by once again. I hope you enjoy the rest of the week, we've had a few days revamping the garden, taking out old past it bushes, im trying to get it all sorted before all 'my' hedgehogs start going into hibernation....  Hugs Emmax


Id love to enter the following:

***


***

***

***










19 comments:

meg said...

You create the most fabulous fun cards Emma,love these critter images and your background I am in awe of your designs

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

What a fantastic card design Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card Emma. you do have some brilliant stamps xx

Dawn Phillips said...

Those cows are so cool! The stencil behind them is perfect too. I think I need that stamp set. They really look awesome the way you've done them. Love Dawn x

StephW said...

I'm still humming that song lol! Wonderful & fun creation can't help but brighten up anyone's day ... Steph x

Diane said...

Just a fabulous fold back slim line design and all the fun cows.

Hugs Diane

Denise Fletcher said...

Another fabulous card Emma! Makes me smile!

Clur said...

I love this card Emma! Clare x

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

Jean S said...

A other unusual fun card Emma, brilliant!! Xx

Alison59 said...

Super fun card Emma :-)

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi Emma just love your cutie little moo card lol and for the detailed instructions as always ... hope you are keeping well ... thank you so much for visiting my blog ... stay safe and well happy crafting and love sandy xx

NanaConnie said...

This is terrific, Emma! Darling cows and great fancy folds. :-D Thanks so much for playing along in our "Anything Goes with a Critter" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. I have to put on a second DT hat also and say thanks for plying at Jan's Digi Stamps, too. Good luck in both.
NanaConnie DT

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the dl shape,great backgrounds and great quirky animals-love it
Carol x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Emma....love the cows image...made me smile....Joolsx

Stempelomi said...

funny card!Thanks for joinig us at papercraft-challenges.

Kirsty said...

Love it, love it, love it. What a fab card Emma, brilliant design and love your dancing cows. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Dorlene Durham said...

I love those cows and the interesting size & folds involved with this card. Great job!! Thanks for joining the challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

Nozomi said...

I'm in the mooooood for dancing, too, after seeing this card!