Followers

Monday 12 October 2020

In the Autumn Woods

Good Morning everyone.  

When i saw the challenge over at the male room and the quote it sparked my little grey cells  into whirling and i came up with this.  I started with a piece of printed clock paper and added my background over the top of that and it worked really well. And im always happy making a mens card - this will be perfect for several that i know who love their nature.






Approx size 5x7"  I die cut my cardblank from kraft card for a more rustic wood feel, i then die cut my piece of patterned paper smaller, i sprayed with water and sprinkled on brushos in turquoise and a touch of sea green to give a nice sunny sky feel - as its thin paper i was careful not to over saturate it with water.  Once it was completely dry i stencilled on some dots with rich gold paint and some triangles with amber and marmalade oxide inks, i edged the panel with more of the gold paint to give a gilded effect edge.

 I die cut the leaf wreath from kraft card and extra leaves from kraft card, gold mirror card and yellow/orangy/red card - all autumnal colours.  The middle piece that came out of the kraft wreath I stamped a woodgrain on with grey ink, i added this flat to the card and then added the wreath with foam pads for dimension and then arranged all the extra leaves. I stamped the greeting onto a strip of kraft card and edged with gold paint and added to the bottom of the card.  I stamped my owl and coloured with inktense pencils and cut him out, gently curved him and added with glue gel. 

I added glossy accents to the eye of  my fab owl.  Id also edged the kraft wreath with the gold paint - it really shimmers in the light.

You can really see the background here, i love how the printed pattern of the clocks and script on the paper still comes through the brushos.  The lovely quote is by Inkylicious. 

Items Used:
Katzelkraft owl stamp 'KTZ237' Les Super Chouettes
Inkylicious quote stamp 'peaceful forest'
Stampin up stamp - 'Hardwood'
Crealies stitched arch die set
Joy crafts leaf wreath die set
Spellbinders little leaf die set
Stencils - Clearly besotted triangles, little dots
Papermania wellington bear design paper
Brushos - Turquoise & Seagreen
Oxide inks - Fozzilised Amber, Spiced Marmelade
Imaginations Crafts Starlight paint - Rich gold
Gold Mirror card
Derwent Inktense pencils

Thank you all for stopping by, i will try and catch up with you all during the week as ive been missing for a couple of weeks.  Hugs Emmax


Id love to also enter the following:



 

22 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful background and card as always Emma, love your owl, it looks as though he is sitting at the entrance to his nest, fabulous sentiment too.

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Delightful card love the colouring if the Owl Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Cindy C. said...

Beautifully done! And I love that quote. Thanks for playing along our October challenge at Die Cut Divas.

ALI said...

Gorgeous background and a fantastic card.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great card, I love that bird!! Hazel xx

Jean S said...

A beautiful card with the owl love those autumn colours xx

Dawn Phillips said...

Emma, I love this little owl. I love the colours you've chosen. I would never have thought of using those colours. Love Dawn x

gwen70 said...

Two gorgeous cards, the clock one would be perfect for my brother and I love the owl on the second one xx

StephW said...

I have that paper pad & I love how you've changed it to suit your project, thanks for the inspiration! Fabulous owl, all the colours are gorgeous ... Steph x

Alison59 said...

Such a beautiful card Emma :-)

Diane said...

So fun love the colors, owl and card design.

Hugs Diane

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely card, great owl character thanks for sharing and hope you are well cheers Sue N x

Nataliascraft said...

This is gorgeous card Emma, and love your background so beautiful xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is stunning, I love your selection of colours, a fabulous creation. Thank you so much for joining us in our Quote challenge at The Male Room this week.I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Arlene said...

Wonderful background. Beautiful card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Autumn challenge.

Kirsty said...

What an amazing card Emma, loving the owl, another one with a bit of attitude like mine. What a great idea to ink over the patterned paper, it gives such a great effect, brilliant design, love it all. Big hugs Kirsty. x

creationsnz said...

A very savvy owl and such a worthy sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

Wickcliss said...

Wow, this is amazing Emma. Just love how you have made your background and I love that owl a lot. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room Craft Challenge, xx Clarissa DT

Witchcrafted Life said...

Splendidly charming! Those leaves are stunning!!!

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

MA-MI said...

Great interpretation of the quote! I love the turquoise background with kraft paper and colorful leaves. Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.

I wish you a lovely day!

Maja, DT The Male Room

Sari / Granne said...

What a great Autumn scene, love the owl and all the die cuts you have combined perfectly together. Thank you for joining The Male Room "quote" -challenge, I hope you be back in our new "Toys"-challenge.