Followers

Thursday 15 October 2020

Christmas Candles

Good Morning everyone.

Today im sharing my next batch of Christmas cards, using this fab stamp from woodware, ive teamed it up with a paper pad and kraft card.


Approx size 5x7"   I first stamped my image onto kraft card and cut out with the arch die, i then stamped again onto patterned papers, cut out the candles and holly leaves and paper pieced on the base image.  I coloured the candle flames with wink of stella pens so them shimmer in the light.  I went around the outside of the image with watered down white gesso to help the image stand out, i then splatted on the watered down gesso to add a snowy effect.

I die cut a cardbase from kraft card with the largest arch die and a piece of patterned paper with a smaller one. I also added a strip of paper across the card.  I die cut a fishtail banner and stamped my sentiment, this is attached to my topper with an eyelet for a bit of fun interest.  I then mounted the topper with foam tape for a bit of dimension.

Just a close up




This shows how i did my background, to make my paper pad go further i cut the middle out of my paper arch with a smaller die, and the strip across the middle was made from smaller off cuts - it all gets hidden so no one knows any different. 

Items Used:
Woodware candle stamp
LOTV sentiment stamps
Crealies stitched arch dies
MFT fishtail banner die
Paper pad - Pink Paislee 'Together for Christmas'
CraftUk ltd Kraft card
Daler-rowney white gesso
Wink of stella pens - yellow, orange, red
Eyelets

Thank you for all your amazing comments on my owl card. Stay safe. Emmax


Id love to enter the following:

***


***


***










 

15 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Tis are fantastic Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

A beautiful shaped card, the reds and greens look fabulous against the kraft, love the traditional stamp and papers too

ALI said...

Lovely cards Emma, works great on kraft card and I do that with my fav papers x

gwen70 said...

Stunning cards Emma, love them xx

Debbie Mageed said...

Such beautiful holiday cards! Love the candle image and great layering with the fun card shape. Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you can come back soon.

StephW said...

Gorgeous collage candle stamp, beautiful arched set, looks wonderful on kraft card ... Steph x

Jackie C said...

This has come together beautifully!
Lovely Christmas project!
So pleased that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy.
Stay safe and well.
Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ TH&TI

Diane said...

What a gorgeous stamped images and the shape is just perfect with the design.

Hugs diane

Carole Pollard said...

Beautiful shape and design just love these Love and hugs Carole x

Kirsty said...

These are all fabulous Emma, I always forget to trying stamping on kraft card, must give it a try. I'm the same as you and cut out the centres of paper when I'm putting something over them, nothing wrong with being thrifty!! Big hugs Kirsty. x

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi emma ... love your little batch of Christmas cards ... it is so effective on the craft card ... well done ... hope you are staying safe and well ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Darlene said...

Just beautiful Emma! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic cards Emma
Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the shape and beautiful stamp
Carol x

Witchcrafted Life said...

How wonderfully beautiful! Classic, yet contemporary, sweet and elegant, and more than a little bit breathtaking - not mention a terrific reminder to us of all of just how incredible stamping (and colouring) looks on kraft cardstock.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life