Followers

Monday 16 November 2020

Bird-day party

Good Morning everyone.

Today is 2 fun birthday cards using inky stencil background and fun bird stamp.  When the carabelle bird stamp arrived in the post i couldn't believe the size - its 11" long, too long for my stamping platform or even my acrylic blocks so I ended up using my clear bigshot plus cutting plate but with my hands i couldn't get a perfect stamp with all the birds so gave up after 15 attempts and decided to cut the birds up and use them in smaller sections and actually after doing that i found you could see the character of each bird better.  So having a pile of birds watch out for plenty of projects coming up with them😁.



Tag shaped cards 4x6"  I first die cut the largest tag die from white card and stamped the flower and masked with pebeo drawing gum and then brushed on oxide inks to cover the background and then with the same colour inks adding some fun stencilling.  I then removed the masking which left the flower and swirls white. I then matted onto navy card & added an eyelet and ribbons added 2mm foam tape to the back i added to a white cardbase cutting the corners to match the tag shape.

 I stamped the flower again on white card and coloured the base yellowy/orange to contrast with the background and cut out and added to the base with glue gel.  I coloured the flower head with clear wink of stella so it shimmers nicely, cut out and added with glue gel for dimension.

I watercoloured the birds with distress inks and  cut out.  Gently curved them and added with glue gel. Stamped little words and cut out to finish.

I used yellow, blue and purple ribbons to pick up on the colours in the background and birds

Close up on the funky fun birds - of course i had to add glossy accents to their eyes - that pigeon has had a little too much party punch😊

Version 2

A close up - love the naughty seagulls - again too much party punch i think

Items Used:
Carabelle Studios stamp - 'Des Oiseaux sur un fil'
Katzelkraft stamp - 'Soliflore'
Mini sentiment stamp - unknown
Cross Stitch tag die set
Clearly besotted triangle Stencil
Funky Fossil Hexagon stencil
Distress Oxides Peacock feathers, evergreen bough, salty ocean & wilted violet

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope its a reasonable week for you with everything going on!  Stay safe. Hugs Emmax


Id love to enter the following:


 

13 comments:

Alison59 said...

What fun cards Emma; love those birds :-)

Witchcrafted Life said...

How wonderfully fun and cheerful! I love the colour palette here. Part vibrant, part earthy, wholly beautiful.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

meg said...

Brilliant fun party tags, you could enter the challenge at Make My Monday Emma would love to see them there

meg said...

Sorry Emma I should have said the Alphabet Challenge not MMM

StephW said...

Haha those funky birds are sure enjoying themselves! Love your deep-coloured/stencilled b/ground, fabulous makes ... Steph x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous tags and love the fun birds especially the seagull lol
Carol x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous tags
Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Nozomi said...

There are so beautiful, Emma! Once again, it's your gorgeous backgrounds that make them so special. Oh, and your amazing colour sense! x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah these are super, Woah I see what you mean about the stamp, it looks fantastic but boy is it long. I would never manage to get it stamped out right. Hope alls well, Hazelxx

Jean S said...

They are so good Emma , so cute and fun cards giving a smile to all xx

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic cards Emma
Kate x

Nataliascraft said...

What a fun shaped cards Emma, these birds images are fab and gorgeous designs xx

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful tag cards, like the cute characters keep safe cheers Sue N x