Followers

Monday 23 November 2020

Friends of a feather

Good Morning everyone

My 2nd card with those fab carabelle bird stamps is for a friendship swap i joined in. 

Card size approx 7x5"  Using Crealies XL stitched arch dies i made my base card from white card and a frame from white and black card.  I die cut a piece of paper for my background and attached them all to the base card.  The birds were stamped, simply watercoloured with distress inks....ive been previously asked why i always say i 'simply' coloured an image and thats as I usually only just add colour without spending time doing serious shading with light and dark....i have no patience when it comes to colouring in and don't find it at all relaxing😁

I then Cut out the birds and then i spent quite a while building up the scene with them.  In my last post i mentioned that this bird stamp is 11inches long so ive just cut them into small pieces.

Sun die cut from yellow paper, stamped sentiment and touches of glitter glue to finish.

A close up - i added glossy accents to their eyes.

Items Used:
Carabelle studios stamp - 'des oiseaux sur un fil'
Clearly besotted sentiment stamp
Crealies XL arch dies
MFT sun die
Distress inks
Patterned paper
White & black card
Ranger glossy accents & diamond stickles

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope its a good week for you. Keep Calm and Carry on Crafting is my Motto at the moment!   Stay safe. Hugs Emmaxx


Id love to enter the following:






 

18 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

What a stunning image fantastic card Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Back to say Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Alison59 said...

WOW Emma, what a lot of work in this. Stunning :-)

meg said...

An absolutely fabulous card,love the shape and brilliant fussy cut birds

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and love all the googly eyed birds.I am the same with colouring no patience with all the shading and blending either
Carol x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh the stamp looks fab this way too. I love all the googly looking eyes you have given them. I would have ended up sticking my finger in at least one set!!! Have a nice week, Hazelxx

Denise Fletcher said...

Aah thats so cute! A lot of time spent on those birds, I bet! Lovely colours Emma x

ALI said...

Gorgeous card lots of stamping with those birds but well worth it Emma!

Jean S said...

What a fabulous card Emma xxx

StephW said...

A fabulous feathered pile up Emma ... sorry couldn't resit saying that again! These birdies make me smile each time I see them! Steph x

Kate Jeffery said...

a gorgeous card Emma
Kate x

Nicolette said...

very nice card.
Thanks for joining our challenge at 2Sistersontheblog.
Nicolette DT

Angela said...

Such a fun card! Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We hope to see you again next challenge.
Smiles, Angela DT Member
TTCRD DT
https://chasingwhiteunicorns.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Emma....the look on the Owls/birds faces made me laugh....Joolsx

Caroline said...

Nice card you've shared with us at 2Sistersontheblog, thank you!
Caroline DT

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a smile-inducingly fun, delightful design. Whose day wouldn't be brightened by receiving this flock of adorable, vividly hued birdies?

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Jenny D said...

Fabulous fun card, love all colourful birds and their googly eyes! Jenny x

Kirsty said...

Absolutely fabulous card Emma, love your collection of cheeky birds, will brighten up your new friends day I'm sure. Stay safe, big hugs Kirsty. xx