Followers

Thursday 7 January 2021

Male twist & pop

Good Morning everyone.

Today im sharing the card i made for my brothers birthday.  I made my first twist and pop design and went with a DIY & robot theme as his hobby is metal work, creating amazing things out of scrap metals.

Approx size 6x5"  Using a template from pinterest which took  me to this crafters blog and a very easy step by step twist&pop
I made the twist and pop mechanism from 300gsm white card and then the cardbase.  I then dug out some old papers with a metal plate design and trimmed to the size of the panels and attached. I then glued the twist and pop panel into the cardbase and covered those panels with the black nuts and bolts paper. 

For the front of the card i die cut the sentiment and tools from white card and coloured with orange and blue alcohol markers, i also die cut the tools from silver mirror card, i cut off the coloured handles and glued onto the silver ones. I added the sentiment to a white circle and mounted them all on the card front.


I die cut the robots from white card and coloured with alcohol markers, grey for the bodies and a mix of blue and orange for their arms/legs etc.  I backed them with silver mirror card which shines through their eyes etc. I attached these to the pop out sections.

I did also add a die cut oval panel to the bottom to write the greeting on but forgot to take a photo after that.

A close up on the robots.

For  my first attempt with the twist and pop i was very happy with the outcome and i know my brother will be intrigued how it works - who ever created this first must have an amazing mind!


Thank you all for stopping by once again.   Stay safe everyone.  Hugs Emmax



***
Id love to enter the following with my robot card
 

15 comments:

gwen70 said...

fabulous card Emma, I am sure your brother will love it xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fantastic card Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Witchcrafted Life said...

Such a fun, creative, and completely awesome design!

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

ALI said...

Fantastic card, I love all the papers you have used x

Alison59 said...

What a super design Emma :-)

StephW said...

Love the little robot characters aren't they fun! Fab interactive make for your brother & very satisfying making it without having to buy more dies ... Steph x

Jean S said...

This is fab Emma, I’m sure he will appreciate this one. Jxx

Diane said...

Such a fun card design Emma and love the way it has the pop up.

Hugs Diane

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, I hope your brother likes it. Love the shape its so different, Love Hazel xx

meg said...

Started a twist and pop card about 2weeks ago and the mechanism was more complicated than this ,I have haven't finished it yet,your fabulous fun card has inspired me to carry on and finish it.Love your papers and robots

Denise Fletcher said...

Wow I didnt expect that to pop out! Great card for a man!

Nozomi said...

Another super card, Emma. My husband would absolutely love this! Hard to believe that this was your first attempt at a twist and pop - it has turned out perfectly! Must give one a go! x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fabulous creation, great colour choices & the shape is great

Thank you for sharing your creation with us over at 'Get Creative'
Stay Safe
Hugs Shell x

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

Kirsty said...

Fab card, love those cheeky robots Emma. Big hugs Kirsty. x