Followers

Monday 4 January 2021

A Cube Birthday

Happy New Year Everyone
Lots hope things soon start to improve.  I hope you enjoyed Christmas as much as was possible.   I was thoroughly spoilt with craft goodies - especially stamps so lots to keep me entertained for a while.

Today is a card for my mums best friends birthday in December.  She loves her flowers/garden so i dug out these beautiful toppers from my stash and not being able to decide which ones to use i decided to make a cube card for 4 seasons. It folds flat for posting.

I made my cube out of 300gsm chocolate pearlised card, each side is 5.5x5.5" in size so it took 2 pieces of A4 card.  After cutting each piece to 5.5" i then scored along the length at 5.5" and joined the 2 pieces together lengthwise to form a cube. 

I matted my toppers onto chocolate pearl card and a die cut white card square, added foam tape to the back and attached to the sides.  I went with the chocolate cardstock to pick up the colours in the toppers which are soft.  

Die cut sentiment.  Butterflies die cut from lilac and lemon cardstock - again picking up the colours in the toppers.  Glitter glue highlights to finish.







Having the different images on each side it can be turned around for a different view each time

Showing it from above - i added a chocolate pearl paper insert inside to write the greeting - using the same paper as the box means it doesn't ruin the overall 'look' 

the insert opens upwards so easy to access

and finally showing it flat for posting.  The recipient loved it so thats good and its always good using up very old stash!

Items Used:
Toppers -  Creative Crafting World 'Malcolm Greensmith'
Tattered lace eyelet square dies
Birthday sentiment die
Sizzix butterfly die
Pearlised Chocolate card - payper box
White card - craftUK ltd
Stickles glitter glue - diamond & gold

Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you have a good week and all keep safe and well. Hugs Emmax


 

16 comments:

Clur said...

Simply gorgeous Emma! ๐Ÿ’• Clare x

Alison59 said...

What a super idea Emma; 4 cards in 1 :-)

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A wonderful card design
Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

What a lovely idea for a card, It is beautiful xx

Jean S said...

This is just lovely Emma, and so different, I’m sure your mums friend will love it! Xx

Babs said...

Hi Emma , happy new year to you. What a gorgeous cube card the toppers are beautiful with such pretty images , I bet your mums friend adored this card I know I would.
Babs x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh WOW, this is beautiful, what a great card, Im sure your Mums friend loved it, hope you have a safe and happy 2021, Hazelx

meg said...

A stunning project/card,love your images,I'm sure this will be a treasured keepsake,All the best for 2021

ALI said...

Beautiful Emma, lovely scenes on each side x

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Emma! Stunning cube card, love the beautiful scenes. Jenny x

Diane said...

Wow what fabulous panels and design Emma.

Hugs Diane

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful cube card Emma
Kate x

StephW said...

Such gorgeous nature topper scenes love them! Fabulous cube design lovely to see something a bit different ... Steph x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Splendidly pretty greeting. The cube shape, reminiscent of a classic gift box, instantly makes a card feel all the more like the present that it is unto itself.

Happiest birthday wishes to your mom's friend!

Autumn Zenith ๐Ÿงก Witchcrafted Life

Nozomi said...

Absolutely stunning, Emma. The colours, the images, the design - it all comes together perfectly! I bet your mum's friend has this on display long after her birthday passed by! Love it! x

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous box card Emma, love all the beautiful scenes, so pretty and a great design. Big hugs Kirsty. x