Followers

Monday 8 February 2021

Tulips

Good Morning everyone, i hope you had a good weekend and not too much snow - so far no sign of the snow in Cornwall.

Its not often i use a magazine freebie or actually any craft product not long after receiving it but this lovely tulip embossing folder and tulip die inspired me


Card size 6x5"  I used white pearlescent card.  The embossing folder actually has a circular section in the middle which i didn't want to use here so i cut 3 panels and just placed them where the tulips are on the folder.  For this card i decided to use the debossed side, i took alcohol markers and added a little touch of colour to the flower heads and leaves - as its pearl cardstock the pen is slightly slower dying that i then had time to gently smudge it with my finger to give a nice soft edge to the colouring.  I added those 3 panels to a purple paper and then my cardbase. 

I made a pot for my tulips using an oval shape die which i cut down and added a little strip of paper to the top to add a rim to my pot.  I then die cut lots of pieces for the tulips, coloured with alcohol markers - the shimmer from the pearl card still shows through the alcohol markers. I then arranged them.  Stamped greeting and a few mini butterflies that were left over from a previous project to finish.


Just a close up - i added a couple of tulip buds - i just cut down the main tulip pieces after die cutting.  Not sure i will use the tulips too often as a bit too fiddly for me but the embossing folder is gorgeous. 

Items Used:
Tulip magazine freebies - Simply cards&papercraft issue 213
Sizzix oval die
Memory box mini butterfly die
Clearly besotted sentiment stamp
Payper box White pearl cardstock
Purple patterned paper - the works
Alcohol markers

Thank you all for stopping by. I hope you are holding on in there.  My dad & I got our texts this week to book our vaccinations so getting there slowly.  I hope you all have a good week.  Stay safe.  Hugs Emmaxxx





 

20 comments:

Babs said...

Gorgeous use of your freebie Emma it makes a beautiful background , a can almost smell those beautiful tulips lovely colours too snowning here at the moment..
Babs x

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

StephW said...

Your pot of tulips are a beautiful balanced display ... I'm not that good at flower arranging! Love how you've coloured the EP too ... Steph x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning card love the embossing Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jean S said...

Beautiful card Emma , loving the tulips and colours xx

Diane said...

Just lovely Emma, love the debossed pattern and pretty tulips.

Hugs diane

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super and what a great wee freebie. Snow here today, so cosied in lovely and warm. Good to hear you will get the jab soon. My folks got theirs on Friday, stay safe, Hazel xx

meg said...

A beautifully designed card with gorgeous layers and wonderful die cut tulips in lovely pastel tones

Carole Pollard said...

Beautiful design the textures on this ar3 perfect and love the colours you used Love and hugs Car9le x

gwen70 said...

Stunning card Emma, love the colour and Tulips xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Stunning card Emma...not used my set yet...love the design...Joolsx

ALI said...

Beautiful Emma, you've made a great card with the die!
It's hit and miss for me with magzines don't always see what's on sale, especially if I do a click and collect. x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Emma, beautiful embossing and tulips xx

Witchcrafted Life said...

Such a cheerful, radiantly lovely card. It is just the hit of spring we all need to help us through these last bone-chilling weeks of winter.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi Emma just love your tulip card ... I have a subscription to this magazine but my subscription went a bit wrong (my son is sorting it out for me it was a birthday present from him) anyway I have this issue with the tulips but missed the next issue can you tell me when the next one is due please I have issue 213 which is the tulips so now just waiting to see what is going to happen happy crafting and love sandy xx ps no snow here either xx

Alison59 said...

How beautiful Emma :-)

pinkclover.cards said...

Beautiful card Emma. Love how you've used the EF and the flowers are gorgeous.
Fatima xx

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet card thanks for sharing

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the embossing background and die-cut tulips
Carol x

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous card Emma, love the tulips and embossed backgrounds. Big hugs Kirsty. x