Followers

Monday 22 February 2021

Glimmer of light

Good Morning everyone

A card using Visible image glimmer of light stamp set 

6x6" scalloped cardbase.  I cut a piece of white card to fit my base and stamped the quote at the top in black ink and then the light bulbs, i then tore a piece of paper to fit around each of them and attached with repositionable glue to mask them off - this was to keep them white and stand out after id inked up my background. I tore the edges as i wanted a more soft look rather than sharp cut edges.
I then blended on distress inks dusty concorde, chipped sapphire and black soot to give a more night time feel but not pure black.  I splashed on a bit of water and dried to give some interest. I then removed all the masks.  I  inked in & around the lightbulbs with wild honey and squeezed lemonade.  Once completely dry i stamped on the small moth stamp with black ink and kept stamping it until no ink left on the stamp so that i had lots of soft moths in the background.
I then took a circle swirl stencil and stencilled through it with gold starlights paint and edged the panel with the gold too - this has an amazing shimmer in the light.  I added glossy accents to my lightbulbs to them a glass light effect and left to dry.  Matted onto black cardstock and then my base card.
I stamped the moths, added slight colour with a blue wash and cut them out and arranged.


This shows the background before i added the moths, you can see the gold circle swirl better.  When i stamped my lightbulbs i didnt ink up the cord of the stamp so that i could then add my own cords with a black fine liner pen and ruler - just gave me more freedom where i wanted them to go.

You can just make out the gloss on the lightbulbs.

Items Used:
Visible Image Glimmer of light stamp set
Circle swirl stencil
Distress Inks - dusty concorde, chipped sapphire, black soot, wild honey, squeezed lemonade
Imagination crafts starlight paint - rich gold
Ranger glossy accents
CraftUk ltd smooth white card
CraftUk ltd 6x6 scalloped card blank

Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope its a goodish week for you all. Stay safe. Hugs Emmaxxx





Id love to enter the following:

***

***






 

17 comments:

Jean S said...

Superb get well card, love how you have done this ..As If the lights are “switched on “
Also love the sentiment, xx

Diane said...

Wonderful colors and card design Emma.

Hugs diane

StephW said...

Such an eye catching card & meaningful sentiment, wonderful creation ... Steph x

meg said...

A great step by step show of how you achieved the beautiful finished card Emma,love your layout and sentiment

Mrs A. said...

I love this card. The sentiment is so true. Hugs Mrs A.

Witchcrafted Life said...

This is such a captivating, immensely lovely (and creative card). An instate fave and save for me.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

foleysfriend said...

Great card with a special encouraging message. I like the way you masked around the light bulbs. The added shimmer of the gold paint and the shine of the light bulbs were great additions to your card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Babs said...

Hi Emma hope your keeping well. Fantastic design love how you have lit up your card with the light bulbs and the moths are really attractive the way you have placed them around the bulbs , great bold sentiment too..
Babs x

Kate Jeffery said...

a fabulous card Emma
Kate x

Denise Fletcher said...

Wow!i just love this design Emma! A great card!

ALI said...

Stunning work Emma, It really does look like you've switched the light x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW, this is stunning, what a beautiful make. I love the sentiment you have used. Its fantastic. Hope alls well, Hazel xx

Dawn Phillips said...

Wow. I wouldn't think that a few moths around light bulbs would be something so stunning. Love Dawn x

Alison59 said...

WOW Emma, this is gorgeous :-)

Jenny D said...

Stunning Card Emma, love all the elements you have used, and the sentiment gives hope and encouragement. Jenny D

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning card great sentiment and love the moths and how you made the lights look as if they are glowing-brilliant
Carol x

Kirsty said...

Fabulous card Emma, love how you have masked off the quote, great idea, such a good effect. Big hugs Kirsty. x