Followers

Monday 15 March 2021

Happy Mothers Day

 Good Morning everyone, i hope you all had a good weekend. 

Today is the card i made for my Mum for Mothers day, usually i go full on flower power but on seeing this Robin papercuts die thought it would be ideal as she also loves all her garden birds and has loads at the bird feeding area outside the kitchen window, including a few pheasants.  The die is Creative Expressions papercuts under the mistletoe so for Christmas but i think it works just as well all year round and you could easily cut off the mistletoe and you don't just see Robins at Christmas!



Approx 6x5.5" card.  I started with white pearl cardstock, cut to size and then die cut the robins from the front of the card. I then added colour to the robins with oxide inks.  I used a blue paper for my insert to act as the sky for my robins, rounding the top corners.  I die cut a flower from teh same blue paper and foliage from the white pearl card coloured with oxide inks so it all ties nicely together.  Stamped sentiment and large gem to finish.

For the insert i just added a little glue to the front panel and the back so that robins are loose and have movement but protected by the insert from too much damage. 

I can confirm she loved it

Items Used:
Creative Expressions Papercuts die - under the mistletoe
12x12" blue ombre paper - the works
White pearl card
Justrite sentiment stamp
Oxide inks campfire, black soot, pistachio & citron (to make the brown i added a little back to the campfire which i used on their redbreast)


At the bottom of the page is the gift ive made mum, but if you don't like spiders you might not want to look😁    Thank you all for stopping by, i hope you all have a good week. Stay safe. Emmax


Id love to enter the following:


***

***





And this is the gift ive made for mum.  Its for the garden, to go on the shed i thought, a giant 4" beaded spider and a web for him built around a hanging basket bracket, ive added more light catching beads into the web to glint in the light.  Just for something a bit different. 

Its not quite anatomically correct.  I used the large red and gold glass beads and then diamante beads in the legs.

Ive wrapped half hard black wire around the hook adding in a mix of black and silver beads.   Ignore those loose wire ends, once its in place and its decided on the length drop of the spider i will adjust and wire it in properly.  


14 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card and a wonderful gift.
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Two stunning makes,love your robin card and that fabulous spider and web

StephW said...

Beautiful birdie card for your Mum and even though I don't like spiders I do love your hanging basket bracket idea 😉 x

Diane said...

Wow Emma, what a lovely color and card design. Love the beaded spider web and spider.

Hugs diane

Denise Fletcher said...

Love these birds. A nice card for MD Emma x

Alison59 said...

Beautiful card Emma and although I hate spiders I love your beaded one. Very clever :-)

gwen70 said...

Wonderful card and gift Emma, bet your mum lived them xx

ALI said...

Fab card great thinking out of the box... and I love that spider (because he's not real...lol) and web!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love the card and Oh my golly, what an amazing gift!! That is fantastic!! Love it, Hazelxx

Jean S said...

Super cards loving the beaded spider gift as I’m sure your mum Did , xx

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful beadwork Emma
Kate x

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful card Emma sorry didn't realise it was same post as beadwork
Kate x

Marina said...

How beautifully you've used the die-cuts on this sweet card. Thanks for joining The Library.

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous card and present for your Mum Emma, I'm sure she did love them both. x