Followers

Thursday 18 March 2021

Tulips

Good Morning everyone

Today is 2 tulip cards, combining the embossing folder that came free with a magazine with a tulip die and some of my alcohol inked mirror card.

5x5" cards.  I used white pearl cardstock.  First i coloured gold mirror card with tim holtz alcohol inks in shades of red.  I cut a panel to fit my card front, then die cut a circle from the middle of it in the part that would be hidden so that it goes further and no one knows! I embossed a panel of the white pearl card to matt onto the mirror card and then the base card. I die cut the tulips from mirror card, attached to a white pearl die cut circle and then matted that onto the bigger mirror card circle that i'd cut before. I added a little soft colour to the tulips with pencil and then attached it to the base. 
Stamped sentiment cut into a circle and mounted onto more of the red mirror card to finish. 





Version 2 is purple and blue alcohol inks onto gold mirror card -  the photos don't really do this justice.  

Items Used:
Tulip embossing folder - simply cards & papercraft issue213
Paper Rose tulip die
circle dies
Clearly besotted sentiment stamps
White pearl cardstock
Gold mirror card
Tim Holtz alcohol inks

Thank you all for stopping by.  Hugs Emmax



Id love to enter the following:

***

***







 

15 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Two beautiful cards love the embossing Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards and love the tulips
Carol x

Alison59 said...

Beautiful Emma :-) I didn't know you could ink mirror card - thank you!

meg said...

Two beautiful cards Emma,love the die cuts and mirror card

gwen70 said...

Stunning cards Emma, love the tulips xx

StephW said...

Gorgeous pair, love the pearlescent shine ... Steph x

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards. xx

Denise Fletcher said...

Very nice textured card. Love the tulips

Witchcrafted Life said...

Absolutely beautiful pair! I am a die-hard fan, and frequent user, of metallic cardstock, so these gorgeous spring-themed greetings made my heart skip a beat all the more.

May you have a happy, fantastic 1st weekend of the season, dear Emma!

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Jean S said...

Two super cards , must try inking my mirri card never tried this xxx

ALI said...

Love these Emma, the embossing folder is lovely x

Inkyfingers said...

These cards are just beautiful, Emma! Such a fabulous technique and a great tip on making the card go further too.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too.

Doris Klein said...

Oh wow.. how beautiful! Tulips are my favourites and I love your works! Great job!!!

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful Easter cards....Thank you for mine...Spring is here today with the sun out....Joolsx

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous Easter cards, love them both Emma. Big hugs Kirsty. x