Followers

Monday 5 April 2021

Easter Bunnies

Good Morning everyone, i hope you have been enjoying the Easter weekend.

Today im sharing my last 2 Easter cards. These came about as i had alot of oval frames left over from my butterfly cards.  Ive built a little spring field scene for my Lavinia Hare stamps.


I first made my base card to the size of the largest frame approx 6.5x5.5"... I die cut 2 ovals from white card, scored a line to make a flap, i glued this flap to the back of the 2nd oval - thus giving me a card blank.  So that it stands up i cut a little slither off the bottom edge of the back of the card.  I added a light watercolour wash to the front of the card using distress inks to give a grass and sky look.

I took 4 oval frames, twisting and off setting them, adding glue to the areas where they overlapped so that they were then joined as one.  I stamped the foliage and flowers onto the frames using oxide inks and hobbyart lino cut hare stamp set.  I added foam tape to the back and added to my card front. 

I die cut an oval to fit the middle frame, did a background distress ink wash for the grass and sky and stamped flower flowers and foliage with oxide inks.  I then stamped my hares with black archival ink and some little snails & spider.  I doodled in some ground for the hares to stand on.  Stamped sentiment to finish.


Version 2.  I made my oval card blank and added a black card oval mat and then the white frame that id stamped with the flowers and foliage added with foam tape for dimension.  I die cut an oval to fit inside the frame and added grass and sky with distress inks.  Stamped some flowers and foliage with oxide inks.  The stamped my hared, doodled in some ground and shading under them.  Stamped greeting to finish.

Items Used:
Lavinia stamps - Wild hares, vine
Hobbyart stamps - lino cut hares
Card-io stamps - bugs & snails
Sentiment stamps
Distress inks - tumbled glass, salty ocean, pistachio, wilderness
Oxide inks - campfire, amber, marmalade, clover, peacock, citron

I hope you all enjoy your bank holiday Monday and have a good week.  Hugs to you all. Emmax



Id love to enter the following with my first card:

***

***

***


***
















 

20 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card love the bunnies in silhouette Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Sue SK said...

Beautiful cards and creative use of the oval dies. :)

Alison59 said...

How sweet Emma :-)

Jean S said...

They are beautiful,Emma, xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards love the silhouette Hare stamps and how you used the oval frames
carol x

Francesca said...

Wonderful cards! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

meg said...

You created two beautiful cards Emma,love the oval shape and the fabulous stamping,

gwen70 said...

Fabulous cards Emma, I adore mine xx

Carole Pollard said...

So lovely what great design ideas Love an£ hugs Carole x

ALI said...

Wow Emma what great use of leftovers, love the cards x

Dawn Phillips said...

Love spring images. Love Dawn x

Jenny L said...

Hi Emma,
these are such lovely cards and such wonderful work you have done to create them
All your work looks stunning and very beautifully created.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Diane said...

Really fabulous oval frames and card designs Emma.

Hugs diane

Jackie Cornfield said...

So happy to see your entry at My Time To Craft.
We love to see everyone’s work.
Stay safe and well.
Good luck, do come back again!
Hugs, Jackie DT member x

Kirsty said...

Two stunning cards Emma, love the scenes with the Lavinia hares, perfect. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Creaine said...

This looks beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

StephW said...

Sweet Easter scenes, love the off set ovals design ... Steph x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Truly lovely Easter cards. I adore the inclusion of (the colour) black on both designs. It really helps to make the softer hues pop all the more.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What a wonderful design and scene you have created. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT