Followers

Monday 19 April 2021

Glimmer of light #2

Good Morning everyone

Today is the 2nd project i made with Visable image glimmer of light stamp set, its an mdf lightbulb home decor project.  


Size approx 6x9".   After doing the background (see below for full details) I stamped all the moths and sentiment onto white cardstock.  I coloured the moths in with inktense pencils, using the same pencils on all of them. I then coated with mod podge to seal and cut out.  If im doing a home decor project i tend to finish it with a protective layer of varnish to give it some longevity....keep dust at bay😁  I stamped & die cut the quote into an oval, splashed on some splatters using the colours in used on the moths, sealed it and attached to the lightbulb.  I then got arranging the moths to finish. 


And this is the background before adding the moths.  The lightbulb actually comes with a stand but i wanted it to hang up so i just cut the bits off the bottom that slotted into the base.
I  adhered die cut flowers which i die cut years and years ago from cardboard boxes so good to be using them at last!  I then coated it all with black gesso.  I added crackle paste in areas and then got painting it all with shades of yellow/orange/gold acrylic paints, darker areas in the middle.  I dilute black gesso down with water to make a thin paint and slopped it on (yep that technical😁) and left it to settle in around the flowers and the crackles.  Once dry i added a top layer by dry brushing gold and copper shimmer paints which i think you can just about make out in the photo. 

For the bulb screw top i added 3 rows with a viva paper pen which once dry I painted over with black gesso give the impression of the screw ridges, i highlighted with silver acrylic paint.

Just a close up of the background


Items Used:
MDF lightbulb - thatscrafty
Visible Image glimmer of light stamps
Tim Holtz Sizzix tattered floral bigz die
Crackle paste
Imagination crafts starlight paints - gold & orange
Deco art acrylic paints
Inktense pencils
Viva paper pen



Thank you all for stopping by. I hope you all have a good week. Hugs Emmax





Id love to enter the following:








 

17 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Wow, this is incredible!
Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

These are both beautiful creations such a great idea Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

Brilliant home decor projects Emma, I love those inktense pencils xx

Hazel said...

A great project and wonderful description of your techniques. It looks great, thank you so much for joining us at INTAAS. Hazel x

meg said...

A fabulous project Emma thank you for your detailed description of the techniques love it

Denise Fletcher said...

Fab and unusual piece Emma!

StephW said...

Fabulous piece Emma, I love it before & after the influx of moths! Steph x

Judy McKay said...

Very nicely designed project. Love the colour combo. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Judy DT

Witchcrafted Life said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What an inspiring work of art - I'm sure it is giving many of us readers our own creative "light bulb" moments as we gaze upon this fantastic project.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

craft and color said...

wow this is amazing
I will follow you
I have a question
because I cannot post the link of my blog on facebook, I created a new blog
I have lost all followers if you would like to follow me again
http://craftandcolor.blogspot.com
thank you very much
greeting corry

Diane said...

What a fabulous project and colors Emma .

Hugs Diane

pinkclover.cards said...

Amazing Emma! So much detail and so many different techniques. Like real moths to a light.
Fatima x

Kirsty said...

Amazing project Emma, love it so much. Inspiring as always. Big hugs Kirsty. x

ALI said...

Fabulous work Emma, Love it! x

Hazel (Didos) said...

These are fantastic. What great makes. I seem to be running really behind with my comments. Life should be banned from getting in the way of crafting!!! H xx

Kate Jeffery said...

brilliant project Emma
Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous project and love the colourful moths
Carol x