Followers

Monday 31 May 2021

Blue Iris

Good Morning everyone. 

Today is another shaped card using those spellbinders grand labels 4 which i made for my sis in laws birthday.  I used this lovely aall&create Iris stamp which she and my brother gave me for Christmas.


I cut the largest spellbinders grand label 4 from white cardstock and folded it in half.  I stamped the iris in place and then die cut the tim holtz die from the middle of the card front.  I stamped the iris again onto white cardstock and water coloured with wink of stella pens so its really shimmery and the cut it out.  I glued the stems on flat to the one on the card front and then added the flower head with glue gel....to avoid the glue going through the apertures and sticking it all together i added a piece of scrap paper inside which i removed once the glue was dry.
I took a piece of orangy/yellow patterned paper to use as my insert which picks up the orangy/yellow i used in the center of my iris.  Die cut it with a smaller label 4, folded in half and attached inside the card so that it peeks out of the diamond apertures.
Stamped sentiment die cut into an oval to finish.



Showing it stood up side on.

Items Used:
Aall&create stamp set #333 'Iris'
Clearly besotted sentiment stamp
Spellbinders Grand labels 4 dies
Tim Holtz Sizzix mixed media die set
Sizzix oval die
12x12 paper pad from the works 'basic vintage'

There are changes happening in blogland which means those of you who follow me by email will no longer get those emails. I have (hopefully:) ) set up the new system with the button on the left side of my blog if you would like to re apply for emails of my posts.  In order to protect everyone's privacy and GDPR, I won't import the current subscriber list into the new follow it feature, instead will leave it up to you if you wish to continue following my blog via email using

 Of course you can still pop by to read my blog whenever you wish too.   I really do appreciate all of you following me and popping by when you can. 


Thank you all for stopping by and all your lovely visits and comments.  I hope you all enjoy the sunshine and if here in the UK this bank holiday Monday.  Im off to see my nieces for the first time in 10mths so looking forward to it.  Hugs Emmax


Id love to enter the following:



 

5 comments:

meg said...

The iris is beautifully coloured in gorgeous hues and looks wonderful with the patterned paper showing through the die cut.Hope you have a great day your nieces

crafty-stamper said...

Great shape and love the beautiful Iris and die-cut background
Carol x

gwen70 said...

Love this card Emma, I have the stamp but have'nt thought of using it like that. So that will be something else I can try some time xx

Kirsty said...

Beautiful card Emma, love this stamp, have been thinking about treating myself to some of these Aall and Create flower stamps, so thank you for sharing your design. Hope you have a lovely visit with your family and the girls are well. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Marvellously beautiful card.

Irises are out in full force across our town at the moment and I must say, they're some of the loveliest I've ever seen. June's sunshine is clearly helping to grow a bumper crop this year.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life