Followers

Monday 17 May 2021

Octopus

Good Morning everyone

Today is a card using Pink Ink octopus stamp set...im obviously going through a sea theme stage...watch this space😀  Ive also used my spellbinders grand label 4 die set as they have been very badly neglected...


Card size approx 9.5x6"  I picked a piece of previously made background that was made using brusho's, pixie powders & sea salt in orange and bluey tones.  When wet sprinkle on chunky salt and let dry, once dry you brush off the salt and are left with these fabulous cell like effect.  I do find the wetter the paper when you put the salt on the better the effect.

I die cut my background into shape and attached to the largest die cut from white card.  I then die cut a white frame and added over the top with foam tape. I water coloured the octopus & shells with oxide inks, cut them out and arranged.  I stamped some water drops onto white card with navy ink, watercolour blue, covered with glossy accents and cut them out. Stamped sentiment to finish. 

 For the back of my card i die cut the largest die from white card, scored a line at the top and glued to the back of my card front, to help it stand up i cut a little off the bottom of the back piece to give it a straight edge to stand on.


Just a close up.  I went with a pinky/purple octopus so it was a complete contrast to my background - distress oxide Raspberry & Seedless preserve.

***
I was invited to join an ATC swap over at Craftworld and these are my first ever atc's in 18yrs of crafting, i decided to use the left overs on my desk from the octopus card.  
I cut the background to size, stamped on some fish with archival ink, some seaweed with oxide inks.  I stencilled on some gold dots with starlight paints which really shine in the light. Pink ink seahorse coloured with oxide inks.  Tim Holtz chit chat stickers..  All mounted onto very dark green cardstock and edged with gold paint. I also added some glossy accent water droplets. 

Items Used:
Pink Ink stamp set 'pinky inky'
Designs by Ryn stamp set 'water effects 2'
dot stencil
Oxide Inks, Brushos & Pixie powders
Imagination Crafters Starlight paints - rich gold, orange

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you all have a good week. Hugs Emmaxx




Id love to enter the following:

***

***

***











 

22 comments:

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card Emma,absolutely love it xx

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card and ATCs fabulous backgrounds and love the pinky/purple octopus and sea horses
Carol x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning cards love the colours Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Love your colours and layout in both the background and images fabulous underwater scenes

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh these makes are fantastic. I love the card and your ATCs are adorable. Ohh I must pootle over and see the swap. I used to swap loads every month about 10 years back!! Had hundreds of them. Hope alls well, Hazelxx

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic card and ATCs Emma
Kate x

Diane said...

Fabulous card Emma, your colors are fantastic.

Hugs Diane

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
DT Anneke

Maria Rodriguez. said...

This is stunning!!! your octopus is beautiful but the background just blew me away. Every time I see a card with a background created with Brushos I promise myself to go and get me some and I always end up not doing it, this time I WILL!!!!!
And I love your ATC's, what a great way to use that amazing leftover background paper.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria/DT

ALI said...

Beautiful work Emma, loving all the inkyness!

StephW said...

Ahh so this is where the backgrounds came for your ATCs having seen them first hand! Amazing depth you've achieved for both the octopus & seahorses, love the gorgeous colours too. Each one is fab ... Steph x

Jenny D said...

Stunning cards, the backgrounds are fabulous and so are the octopus and sea horses. Loving your under the sea theme! Jenny x

Stempelfrosch said...

Wonderful card with the pink animals. Thank you for joining us at sweet stampers challenge,
Hugs Anke

Kirsty said...

Stunning card Emma and love your little ATC's too. Great effect with the salt, love the pattern it makes. Hope your doing okay with all this stormy weather we are having? Getting a bit fed up of the wind and rain now. Take care, big hugs Kirsty. xx

Jean S said...

Loving your cards Emma, colours are always so vibrant! Superb xxx

Chana Malkah said...

The card and the ATCs are fabulous! I love the colors and your background is beautifully executed. Using your leftovers for your background epitomizes what our challenge is all about! Thanks for a fun and beautiful response to our challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, DT

Witchcrafted Life said...

Splendidly lovely sea creature-themed projects. The size and hues of that charming octopus makes me think of the Giant Pacific Octopuses that reside in the waters of the Pacific Ocean that laps against our province of BC.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Cross Stitch Claire said...

What great cards! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn, Claire DT x

Diane said...

Wonderful layout, colors and awesome design.

Hugs diane

Mimi said...

Awesome card and ATCs!!! So colorful and fun and cheerful! Thank you so much for joining us at SOS!

Kuni said...

This is wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Papierlisi said...

Such a striking card! That octopus really pops off the card with its complementary color! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

Hugs and good luck!
Tina
DT bastel-traum challenge