Followers

Thursday 22 July 2021

Fabulous friend

Good Morning everyone

In my stash busting this year i decided to use some double sided adhesive sheets ive had for eons.  I used them with sizzix biodegradable glitter - which im very impressed with.  I don't 'do' glitter normally but this doesn't seem to go everywhere like synthetic and unlike other biodegradable ones ive tried it is really shimmery which sadly the photos don't pick up. 


I first attached one side of the sticky sheet to cardstock, then die cut the floral panel from white card and attached to the other side of the double sided sticky sheet.  I then paper pieced back in the white background pieces and coloured the leaves with oxide inks before also piecing back into place.  I then added the black glitter to the flowers, burnishing it well.  I then mounted onto card inked with the oxide inks i used for the leaves, black card and then the white base card.
I stamped the sentiment and die cut into a fishtail banner, 2 vellum die cut circles, i inked the smaller one with the green oxide inks.  Die cut butterfly to finish.  Lilac gems used to the flower centres to finish.
I made a portrait and landscape version.


and a portrait version

Whats more summery than flowers and butterflies - the butterflies have certainly been enjoying all this sunshine this week


Close up trying to show the shimmer of the glitter.



Items Used:
Pink fresh ornate floral die
Sizzix butterfly dies
Wonky stitched circle dies
MFT fishtail banner die
Sizzix biodegradable glitter - 663871 cobblestone
Distress oxide inks twisted citron, cracked pistachio, lemonade, shaded lilac

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you are keeping cool.  One thing the heat seems to have brought my mojo back😁    Hugs Emmaxxx



Id love to enter the following:

***








 

12 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous cards
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

The shimmer looks fantastic Emma,it must be spectacular if I a stunning card

StephW said...

Love your pairing of zingy colours with glittery grey, beautiful makes ... Steph x

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards love the colour combination and all the sparkle
Carol x

gwen70 said...

Beautiful cards Emma, bet they really sparkle xx

Denise Fletcher said...

Love this contemporary looking card Emma! Thanks tor the tip on the glitter, might try some!

Liz said...

Fabulous card Emma, the designs are beautiful. xx

Kirsty said...

Beautiful cards Emma, love the colour combo and great design. Big hugs Kirsty. x

ALI said...

Gorgeous Emma, it looks very fiddly x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Dazzlingly gorgeous! I'm more than a wee bit smitten with (and inspired by) the awesome combo of classic vellum + eye-catching glitter.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Susan Renshaw said...

Two lovely cards!

Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Kate Jeffery said...

gorgeous card Emma
Kate x