Followers

Monday 13 September 2021

40th Birthday

Good Morning everyone

This is the 2nd card i made for my brothers 40th birthday for me to give him.  Ive gone for a funny one using my new Katzelkraft bird stamps which i got for my birthday last month.


I first made a background with brushos and pixie powders and let dry.  Using my hexagon dies i made a white cardbase.  I then cut a frame from white card.  I then cut my background with a hexagon die and then used a tim holtz die to cut out little circles from the middle of my coloured panel, i added gold holographic card behind this - it kind of gives the effect of a disco ball when the light hits it for my dancing birds.  I added that to the base and then the frame on top with foam tape.

I stamped the birds and simply coloured in grey tones so they stand out with the bright background, just a hint of colour for the beak & feet, i then cut them out.  I computer printed the 40 & no way and die cut into speech bubbles & stamped the happy birthday and die cut into an oval.  I added the birds and sentiment to the base card with glue gel to finish.



A close up trying to show the light hitting the holographic, in life its really shiny and bright


Items Used:
Katzelkraft bird stamps 'SOLO168'  'SOLO167'
Sentiment stamp
Tim Holtz mixed media die set
Stitched hexagon dies
Sizzix oval dies
Speech bubble die
Brushos & pixie powders
Grey promarkers
CraftUK ltd white linen cardstock
B&M Gold holographic card

Thank you all for stopping by once again, i hope you all have a good week.  Hugs Emmax



Id love to enter this card in the following:




***

***

***










 

11 comments:

gwen70 said...

Brilliant card Emma, love the stamps. I am sure your brother will have a chuckle xx

meg said...

These birds are fantastic fun especially with the speech bubbles,love your background colours and the die cut circles with the holographic paper shining through

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

what a fabulous fun card love it
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

Love the fabulous bird stamps,great background and shape
Carol x

Denise Fletcher said...

Wow Emma, how do you come up with these creative ideas?!
Another great card!

Aunty Sue said...

great card and shape, thanks for sharing it with us at crafty Catz good luck in the draw

Dawn Phillips said...

This is such fun. Those birds did make me smile. Love Dawn x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Smile-inducingly terrific birthday greeting. Those adorable birds are a hoot (pun intended) and a half! :D

Happiest b-day wishes to your brother!

Three more years and I'll be blowing out the same number of candles myself. :)

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

StephW said...

Ha ha love these fab birdies and how you've made a terrific card for your brother's big BD! Steph x

Kate Jeffery said...

a fabulous card Emma
Kate x

Kirsty said...

Fabulous card for your brother, love the crazy birds Emma. Big hugs Kirsty. x