Followers

Thursday 16 September 2021

We three Kings

Good Morning All.

So Ive finally made a start on this years Christmas cards.  Kicking it off with these simple ones using a lovely paper cuts die.  Still using up my pile of cardstock, these are using a lovely soft gold pearl card as the base.


6x6 " card.  After making my cardbase from the soft gold card i die cut the 3 kings die from the front and then added a little colour with oxide inks in peacock, pistachio & violet.  I then made inserts from colourful heavyweight Christmas paper which i glued inside, this then makes the card more study to compensate for most of the card front being missing.  I only added a little glue to near the spine on the front of it so that the front is free which hopefully you can see from the photo - just to add some interest to what is otherwise a completely flat card.  I added a strip of the paper i used for the insert to the bottom of the front to help tie it together. 

Soft gold pearl with a blue insert.  peacock, crackling campfire & violet oxide inks

and a purple insert version. Crackling campfire, peacock & pistachio oxide inks.  Sadly the photos don't show how love the gold pearl card is.  This die cut through the 300gsm cardstock perfectly first time - ideal for batch making those Christmas cards. 

Items Used:
Creative Expressions papercuts die 'We three kings edger'
Soft gold Pearl 300gsm cardstock
12x12 paper pads - the works
Distress Oxide inks 'Wilted Violet, Pistachio, Peacock feathers, crackling campfire
 

Thank you all for stopping by.  Emmax


Id love to enter the following:




 

11 comments:

gwen70 said...

Beautiful card Emma xx

meg said...

The colours are stunning Emma,the oxide inks are subtle and allow the pearl card to shine through.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning cards Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

StephW said...

May be simple but so effective, love the subtle colours on the kings ... Steph x

Denise Fletcher said...

Fab design for something different at Christmas, Emma!

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute cards. Thank you for joining The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge

Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}>

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards and large die
Carol x

Kirsty said...

Beautiful selection of cards Emma, love the subtle way the oxide inks colour the pearl card. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Jenny D said...

Beautiful cards, love the design and colours. Jenny x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Thoroughly lovely design. You're lightyears ahead of me. If I start on my holiday cards anytime before December, I all but pat myself on the back (lol!). Awesome job on beginning yours in September.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life