Followers

Thursday 14 October 2021

Froggy twist n' pop card

Good Morning everyone.
Earlier in the year when i made my first twist n'pop i made up 6 of the mechanisms (see here) so they were ready to go when the inspiration hit - when i received these happy frog stamps i thought they would suit a twist n' pop perfectly.  I teamed them up with the gorgeous water theme paper pad from the works.


After attaching the mechanism to the inside of a white cardblank (5x6.5") i decided which papers i wanted to use, cut to size and matted onto navy cardstock and all the panels. I also covered the front of the card and from scraps of that paper i followed the lines in the print to cut little pieces for the bottom of my pop panels for my frogs to sit on. 

I stamped out all the stamps many times onto white cardstock and watercoloured with distress inks and cut out.  I then got playing with the arrangements until i was happy.  I cut some of the petals of the extra waterlily so that it was smaller to fit on the smaller lily pad. 



Of course i had to add glossy accents to the frogs eyes and glitter glue hightlights to the damselfly wings

This is just showing the twist and pop as it opens up - very clever the person who first designed it! 

and the front of my card, i added glossy accents to the circles on the paper as they reminded me of bubbles and die cut letter for the 'pond life'    Looking at the expressions on all these frogs im not sure they are having that much fun in this pond๐Ÿ˜  however i had lots of fun creating with themx

 Items Used:
Aall&create stamps #521 be hoppy
The works 12x12 Paper pad - fresh feeling
Alpha dies
Navy & white linen cardstock
Distress Inks - twisted citron, lemonade, evergreen bough, raspberry, persimmon, blueprint, shaded lilac
Ranger glossy accents & Stickles glitter glue

Thank you all for stopping by. I hope you enjoy the rest of the week and into the weekend.  Its scary that we are half way through October now.  Hugs Emmaxx


Id love to enter the following:

15 comments:

gwen70 said...

Fantastic card Emma, is the mechanism a die xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A wonderful card design Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Absolutely brilliant Emma love these "happy" frogs your papers but most of all the pop up mechanism

brenda said...

Not sure I have seen this fold before Emma but isn't it fab and such a fun creation with the fresh colours and frogs.

A perfect creation for our current theme at River of Creativity, thanks so much for joining in and hope to see you again.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous twist and pop card and brilliant frog stamps,love the beautiful P,papers-The Works have some great paper pads
Carol x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card so intricate. Those little frogs are so cute. Love Alison x

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Emma, this is such a wonderful card! I just twist-n-pop folds and it was so smart of you to make a few at a time! I must remember to do that!! Thank you so much for joining my Creative Creases Challenge where anything goes with a fun fold! Hope to see you in the gallery again with my next challenge that starts tomorrow.

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a whimsical, creative, super charming card. I'm totally digging the "pond life" wording. Too fun!

Autumn Zenith ๐ŸŽƒ Witchcrafted Life

Crafting Queen said...

Love your fun frog images. Great card fold as well. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations. Anesha

Zoechaos said...

I've tried to make a twist and pop but cannot seem to get the mechanism to work, well done on being so successful. Thank you for sharing this with us at River of Creativity xx

Jean S said...

Fabulous card /folding / frogs brill xx

Anonymous said...

Brilliant twist & pop cards - I love the quirky frogs - fabulous designs.

StephW said...

Such a fun creation even though the frogs look rather grumpy! Steph x

Christi Conley said...

I adore all the detail in your card - the glossy accents and such!! And the frogs should be grateful you made such a lovely habitat for them LOL - thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at River of Creativity : ) Crafty Hugs, Christi, River of Creativity DT

Kirsty said...

Fabulous card Emma, love the frogs and the paper goes perfectly with it. Another cracker. Big hugs Kirsty. x