Followers

Monday 15 November 2021

Oh Christmas tree..

Good Morning everyone, i hope you are having a good week

Today is a couple of Christmas cards using a tree background die which i combined with glitter


I first made a background using oxide inks in shades of green, i then die cut the tree panel from it, attached to double sided adhesive sheet that id attached to cardstock and sprinkled over dark grey sizzix biodegradable glitter and burnished in.  I attached this panel to charcoal cardstock mat and then a white base card. 

I die cut merry christmas from white card and another from the charcoal card i used for matting the tree panel.  Layered the sentiment onto an inverted scalloped circle coloured using the same inks as the background, then matted one onto a white circle and one onto grey and then a vellum circle.  I then attached to the bottom right of my card.  I added a little die cut glittered tree to the centre of my sentiment.

Card 1

Card 2

Close up trying to catch the amazing shimmer of the trees

Items Used:
Tree background panel die(brand unknown)
Spellbinders inverted scallop circle dies
Circle dies
Sentiment die (magazine freebie i think)
Distress oxide inks - citron, pistachio, peacock
Vellum
Sizzix biodegradable glitter - cobblestone
Double sided adhesive sheet

Thank you for stopping by once again. I hope its a good week for you all.  Hugs Emmax


Id love to enter the following:

***

***

***

***










 

13 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful diecut Emma,useful as a background or focal point,the shades of green you used look stunning against the grey glitter

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Two beautiful cards ove a bit of sparkle
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

Fabulous cards Emma xx

StephW said...

Gorgeous die cut panels, love the circular sentiment ... now I wonder what you are going to create with all those left over trees! Steph x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Emma so different love it. Alison x

Denise Fletcher said...

I like it, its a different look for Xmas and I like the colours xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Christmas cards love all the die-cut trees
Carol x

Jenny D said...

Stunning Cards, love the die cut panels. Jenny x

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous cards Emma, love the sparkly trees. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Jean S said...

Love this style Emma, and I’m sure it be lovey with sparkly glitter xx

Witchcrafted Life said...

Fabulous design! Glitter and the holiday season are a perpetual match made in heaven, if you ask me.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

NickScrapShack said...

Fantastic background, so very creative! Love the idea, I might try this myself. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at CRAFTY CATZ. Best of luck and hope to see you back soon again! Nick

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for our last challenge at Creative Craft Cottage!