Followers

Thursday 11 November 2021

Tropical Birthday

Good Morning everyone.

Today is a birthday card i made for a friend who usually enjoys a few hot sunshine holidays a year but hasn't for a wee while now so i decided to make her a sunny holiday vibe birthday card. Maybe the sun will come out for her birthday today🌞


7x7" white scalloped card blank.   I die cut the top layer of the tropical wreath from white card and the base layer from a background made with brushos. I used a craft knife and cut out the middle of the wreath, i added foam tape to the wreath and attached to the card base adding a scrap of blue paper behind the aperture to act as the sky or water. I found a piece of paper that had a sunshine vibe in my stash stamped the greeting and added to my base, i had 2 little off cuts of the green card that i added under this paper just to pick up on the green and tie it together.   A few extra die cut leaves added with glue gel for dimension.

I stamped the flamingo's onto scraps of patterned papers and white paper.  I cut out the head from the white after colouring with alcohol markers and glued that onto the paper version. I then added them into the aperture of the wreath, using the foam tape meant i could easily get their legs behind the frame.  

Just a close up - it seems my flamingo's have had one too many pina colada's🍸 as they aren't quite upright😁

Items Used:
Katzelkraft flamingo stamp
Stampin up sassy salutations stamp
Tonic wreath die 'tropical fiesta frame' 
Brusho's
Patterned papers -the works
CraftUK ltd 7x7 scalloped card blank


Thank you for stopping by once again, i really appreciate all your visits.  I hope its a good day for you. Hugs Emmax


Id love to enter the following:

***

***

***

***









 

12 comments:

meg said...

What a wonderful make,the zesty colours and diecut tropical frame are fabulous,love the flamingos,a gorgeous sunny card to cheer your friend up.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

What a stunning image and card
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Doris Klein said...

What a cool card! Love the design, the colours and the funny animals! Great job you've done!!

Thanks for playing along with our Critter Crazy Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
*GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY
*GDT* 52 Christmas Chard Throwdown

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Emma lovely card I am sure your friend will love it. Alison x

Lindsey said...

I love these flamingos and their tropical setting! Beautiful colours and design. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Jean S said...

It IS! A fabulous card! And was really appreciated Emma, made me smile esp with those flamingoes��
Picture doesn’t due it justice! Xxxx

Dawn Phillips said...

Awesome card. I love the idea of tipsy flamingos. Love Dawn x

StephW said...

A fabulous flamboyance of flamingos sure to cheer up anyone's birthday! Steph x

gwen70 said...

Absolutely wonderful card, love the flamingoes xx

Jenny D said...

A fabulous card for your friend, I am sure she love it! Jenny x

Kirsty said...

Stunning tropical card Emma, bet that brightened up a November day for her. Love the colours. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Fantastic card! This greeting delivers a hearty dose of tropical cheer worthy of any sun-kissed holiday destination.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life