Followers

Monday 1 November 2021

Penguin Family

Good Morning everyone

 Today ive dug out an old favourite stamp of mine  - the grumpy penguins from Katzelkraft.  I also managed to use some of my acetate off cuts - as acetate is plastic i try not to waste any, although quite often for shaker cards or if im colouring it with alcohol inks i recycle plastic packaging.


I first coloured the acetate strips with alcohol inks - this one in blues and golds.  I then took a folded white 6x6" card blank and cut an inch strip off one end, i then attached the acetate strip inbetween on the inside so the glue is hidden, you can then see the acetate on the front and back of the card.
I then stencilled on some stars with blue distress inks and little dots using gold paint.  I tore a strip of white cardstock, stamped my greeting and then dry embossed with a snowy EF and added this to the bottom for my penguins to stand on.
Penguins stamped, little colour added with distress inks and cut out and arranged.
Die cut snowflake and glitter glue highlights added to finish.




This shows the acetate panel better.  I put the alcohol inks on the inside and then a white paper insert helps the colours show up


Version 2 is pinks & purples




Items Used:
Katzelkraft grumpy penguins stamp
LOTV sentiment stamps
Ranger Tim Holtz alcohol ink
Imagination crafts starlight paint - rich gold
Distress inks - squeezed lemonade, wild honey, tumbled glass, salty ocean,picked raspberry, 
seedless preserve
Snowflake dies
Dotty stencil
Memory  box snowflake stencil
Cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder
Acetate


Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you have a good week.  Hugs Emmax



Id love to enter the following with my first card:

***

***








 

13 comments:

meg said...

You have so many wonderful creative ideas Emma,adding the acetate strip extending the card a beautiful feature,love your penguins and finished card

gwen70 said...

Fabulous cards Emma, I do love these penguins they always give me a smile xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card and colouring
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Christmas card and love the fabulous grumpy penguins-great colouring too
Carol x

Kirsty said...

Two gorgeous cards Emma, love those grumpy penguins and a great way to use up those spare bits of acetate. Big hugs Emma. x

Sue Nicholson said...

Wow lovely Christmas card, thanks for sharing.

Dawn Phillips said...

I really love those penguins. The alcohol ink on the acetate gives a beautiful look to your card too. Love Dawn x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Just loving those grumpy penguins they are super cute. Love the design of your card. Love Alison x

Elizabeth Hart said...

This has to be the best penguin family ever - love it. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative fingers Challenge, Elizabeth

Witchcrafted Life said...

Aww! What adorable, kinda grumpy pengins. You've really worked wonders with them here and created a memorable, charming card that is apt to brighten anyone's day.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Inkyfingers said...

What an awesome card, Meg! I love your grumpy penguins but I love your colored acetate strips too! Such a great multi-medium card.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.

StephW said...

Love your acetate strips a great design feature for the grumpy penguins! Steph x

Izzy Scrap said...

Two gorgeous cards with these AI panels and this adorable penguin family ! Wonderful design too. Thanks for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.